Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Jeep Wrangler infinity sub in non infinity 2008 jeep wrangler

Old 05-14-2017, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wrangler infinity sub in non infinity 2008 jeep wrangler

I was wondering if I bought a Jeep Wrangler infinity subwoofer box, would I be able to install that to my 2008 Jeep Wrangler non infinity?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant just "add" it to the stock system unless it was shipped with a subwoofer already installed.

The stock systems have no amplifier and the wiring harness is not connected to anything, even though there are wires in the back corner of the Jeep AND there is no way to add a FACTORY amp and sub retroactively to the standard stock system.

You can buy an Infinity sub and add it to any sound system, but you will need to tap into a speaker wire with an LOC and use an aftermarket amp. Overall it's a bad idea because the factory Infinity sub is a a piece of paper junk. If you go ahead and do it, you will need to find an amp that is no more than 75-100w into 4 ohms (2 2ohm voice coils) or you will blow the speaker.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mattk11
You cant just "add" it to the stock system unless it was shipped with a subwoofer already installed.

The stock systems have no amplifier and the wiring harness is not connected to anything, even though there are wires in the back corner of the Jeep AND there is no way to add a FACTORY amp and sub retroactively to the standard stock system.

You can buy an Infinity sub and add it to any sound system, but you will need to tap into a speaker wire with an LOC and use an aftermarket amp. Overall it's a bad idea because the factory Infinity sub is a a piece of paper junk. If you go ahead and do it, you will need to find an amp that is no more than 75-100w into 4 ohms (2 2ohm voice coils) or you will blow the speaker.
Sorry for not being specific enough, but I was wondering if it already has pre drilled screws for it or do I need to do that my self? I just want the speaker box and I'm putting the JL 8in 8w3 sub in their with an after market amp under the back seats.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Factory Sub wiring

The harness is there but not attached to anything? I have an 09 Sahara unlimited. I found this post while looking for options for installing a sub in the jk. Being a Sahara edition, I assumed that it came with the factory sub. The harness is definitely there. I was hoping to use it for the line out, power on and control from the factory head unit. Is this Possible? I have several powered subs to choose from ( my bro collects steep junk like I collect jeep junk)
Other than wiring it up with a full Sub wiring kit, is there a way to use the factory harness and just run a power line from the battery?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Billygoat04
Sorry for not being specific enough, but I was wondering if it already has pre drilled screws for it or do I need to do that my self? I just want the speaker box and I'm putting the JL 8in 8w3 sub in their with an after market amp under the back seats.
Yes, I have personally used the enclosure for and "other than infinity" sub. Then ran the appropriate wiring, mounted an amp under the seat, etc. The enclosure is a bit flimsy when it comes to a sub with some punch, but if you are not entering in any bass comps you should be fine.

Originally Posted by NirvAgnt
The harness is there but not attached to anything? I have an 09 Sahara unlimited. I found this post while looking for options for installing a sub in the jk. Being a Sahara edition, I assumed that it came with the factory sub. The harness is definitely there. I was hoping to use it for the line out, power on and control from the factory head unit. Is this Possible? I have several powered subs to choose from ( my bro collects steep junk like I collect jeep junk)
Other than wiring it up with a full Sub wiring kit, is there a way to use the factory harness and just run a power line from the battery?
Officially no, as said earlier in the post, unless your JK has the upgraded system and the sub was removed for whatever reason (leaving the remainder of the sound package, amps and the proper head unit and so forth). Those lines are more than likely just part of the general wire loom and taped off in the dash. Using the philosophy that wires do not care what signal is sent on them, it could be retro-fit, BUT it would more than likely be cheaper and simpler to just do a fresh run. But I'm always down for a challenge. That's just IMHO.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler infinity sub in non infinity 2008 jeep wrangler