Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Headlights not getting enough voltage

Old 12-13-2016, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for any help???
Old 08-22-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Just seeing if anybody has had any luck getting the aftermarket headlights to work properly or what was used so they will. Haven't had time to mess with mine lately but will start again shortly. Gonna try and make my own harness and hardwire into my factory headlight wiring. That way I dont have to worry about the jump connectors they use.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same issue with multiple LED headlights, adding resistors etc. Seems like it is only an issue for some 2007's. I ended up wiring up the headlights to 2 relays (1 for LB and 1 for HB) and have a 3 way switch to control them. Yes it sucks it doesn't run off the factory controls but having some real light to see at night is worth it to me.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jstikel3
I had the same issue with multiple LED headlights, adding resistors etc. Seems like it is only an issue for some 2007's. I ended up wiring up the headlights to 2 relays (1 for LB and 1 for HB) and have a 3 way switch to control them. Yes it sucks it doesn't run off the factory controls but having some real light to see at night is worth it to me.
I have thought about that but would rather leave everything stock. Ill figure it out eventually, just need time
Old 09-03-2017, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sconnell80
I have thought about that but would rather leave everything stock. Ill figure it out eventually, just need time
Keep me updated if you figure something out I'd rather have mine run off the stock switch also.

Quick Reply: JK Headlights not getting enough voltage