Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK LED Fog Light installation

Old 05-05-2018, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JK LED Fog Light installation

I recently purchased a set of LED headlights and fog lights thru ebay. The kit came with instructions for the headlights, but not the fogs. I emailed the seller & received the following diagram. I understand the 2 wires (positive & ground), but does anyone have experience with the yellow wire mentioned as connecting to the "ACC"? What/where should this wire connect to?
Thank you.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Figure it out yet?? ACC might be your accessory switch(turn key backwards or to ON)? Mine were plug and play.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

I haven't had another opportunity to check out the fog lights. The stock lights had a wiring harness with 2 connections. The new lights had a similar plug, but also the extra wire labeled for ACC. So I'm not sure exactly how to access the wiring for that yet. Thank you.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people connect it via a jumper to the side marker lights. that way when you turn on the marker lights but not the headlights your halo will turn on.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

That accessory wire is the trigger for the halos. If you don’t want the halos to illuminate, just terminate that wire. If you want the halos to illuminate as daytime running lights, run it to a key-on acc wire. Or, as said above, run that wire to the side marker light to illuminate the halos when the lights are in the running lights or headlights on position.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you all. I was able to get the headlights set up by connecting the white halos to the parking lights and the amber halos to the turn signals. Now I think that I'm going to get a fuse tap to connect the fog lights (yellow wire) to the ACC. Thanks for all the advice. Hoping to wrap this up this coming weekend.

Quick Reply: JK LED Fog Light installation