Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JKU 2007: Help needed for powerless rear speakers / subwoofer (Infinity)

Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JKU 2007: Help needed for powerless rear speakers / subwoofer (Infinity)

Hi there,

I miss my sound machine! Front speakers are still ok and powerful, rear speakers and (stock) infinity subwoofer still running, but only on a very low level. No power, no bass. Audio settings and equalizer donīt change that effect considerably. My dealer has no idea, even meant that it does always sound like that - but I can say it doesnīt. Or better, it didnīt.
I already checked the switches and the amplifier wiring mechanically, everything seems to be ok so far. I think that rear speakers still get the signal from the head unit, but itīs no longer amplified, just kind of routed through. But thatīs only my guess. Now, before changing any components (€ 600 for the amplifier): does anyone know, whether that problem is caused by the head unit (stock MyGig), amplifier, subwoofer or wiring? And has anyone any idea how to fix that?

Thanks a lot,
Joerg

Quick Reply: JKU 2007: Help needed for powerless rear speakers / subwoofer (Infinity)