Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JL and Alpine Sound System Write Up

Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL and Alpine Sound System Write Up

After about a year of installing and reinstalling speakers and amps in my JK I finally got it the way I wanted.

I wanted to post this up because I hadn't quite seen another install like mine and I thought I would share what I had done. I also wanted to give a little back to this forum being that I have taken so much.

I had originally installed all of the gear myself, but after changing my mind over and over again about what I wanted, I finally decided to let a professional put it all together for me.

I now have a set of JL C5's in the front with the tweets mounted in the factory location. I have a set of TRs in the sound bar - though I will probably change those out for C2s in the coming weeks. These are being run by an Alpine PDX 4.150 which is mounted to the left in the driver's side kickpanel. I have the JL Cleansweep mounted in the original factory amp's location. It is pretty stealthy As you can see from the pictures, it looks totally factory and the amp is really out of sight.

For bass, I have a JL 250.1 amp with 2 10WXs in a ported box. The amp is installed under the rear seat on the driver's side and the box is bolted to the floor behind the seat.

Everything is being run off the factory head unit with the cleansweep being used as the volume control. I also have a separate control for the bass form the JL amp.

In all, I am very happy with the sound. It is loud enough to deal with any highway noise when I have the doors off. The C5s are so clear that I am still amazed after a few weeks of use. My only real regret is not purchasing a 5 channel PDX. In the long run I would have saved on time, money and cargo space.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer. I will try and get some better pictures up tomorrow.

Best,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0504..jpg
Views:	291
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	79744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0509..jpg
Views:	195
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	79745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0506..jpg
Views:	262
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	79746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514..jpg
Views:	262
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	79747  
Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Freak

looks good man, Im going to get myself a cleansweep aswell soon for my Ipad install I been working on, right now just using the JL CL-RLC for volume control of the Ipad. gonna pickup a cleansweep once I source the extra bucks for my system. My system will consist of:
JL HD 900/5 Amp
13TW5 JL Sub
JL Components
JL Coaxials

I like the Alpine PDX Amps but after choosing to a 13TW5, I need more punch and the HD900/5 is enough in a single amp for all my stuff, that is till I get it. I chose the 13TW5 so I can make a down firing low speaker box.

Looks good man, Im really digging the Cleansweep, that is essential if using the stock headunit.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Which adapters?

What model adapter did you use to plug in the amps? Can you give me a run-down of what you plugged into what? Did you have the Infinity setup or stock? Thanks for any help. I'm stuck between keeping my stock MyGig unit or if I should just get the PDX-5 and the Cleansweep. For the cleansweep is it the 200 dollar piece and a 100 dollar piece? Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where are the amp pics?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
JK Junkie

Hey KYJeeper I see that you have three sub's in the first pick but you only talked about two. I noticed that third sub is in the factory housing, what size sub do you in the factory housing?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

What size JLs in the sound bar? Any depth issues, need adapters?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

please tell me your not powering that JL in the factory enclosure along with the 2 in the ported box

Quick Reply: JL and Alpine Sound System Write Up