Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker Headlights

Old 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i contacted JW Speaker directly about this issue and they said i should return them to the place i bought them and request a new set. I thought the LED lights are supposed to draw practically nothing compared to regular lights? I think i will contact OK4wd and then when i get them replaced amd go from there. I wanna go this route only because of the price. I notice it every timei stop at a light or anywhere now since i know it's there. lol
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

The flickering issue is fairly common, as it is caused by the design of the Jeep's electrical system. Do a search for "flicker" and you will find answers (the answer being power the lights directly from the battery and not a source with PWM like the stock harness, but the search will explain that more).

Tom
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Ok so I got a reply from ok4wd basically saying yea it flickers on "some" jeeps. He replied fast and has no problem taking them back and replacing them. He also said JW Speaker is aware of the issue and has fixed it on the newest shipments. So I will wait for the new pair to arrive and let you all know.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a new pair from the same place and there is a subtle flicker mostly on high beam only though? I must say I'm not nearly as impressed as I thought I'd be with these lights. If they were a lot cheaper then maybe.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker Headlights