Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker J-Series installed

Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There's a harness, so no need to splice if you don't want to...

Originally Posted by bad1chad
Headlights are very quick and easy plug and play. Fog lights do require splicing wires for the 2011 and newer. Depending on how comfortable you are with that, they do take a bit more work but are still an easy install.
My wife bought these for me last Valentine's Day (I think). I was not too keen on cutting on my new vehicle, so I opted for the adapter harness for the fog lights.

I believe it was this one:
https://www.headlightrevolution.com/...?gfid=p352-c12

Agreed, super easy install. I still tell my wife "I can't believe these lights".
Old 09-28-2016, 12:14 AM
JK Newbie

I am a bit bummed to read that some of you are experiencing issues. I have the headlights and fog lights with no substantial problems.

I used the harness for the fog lights.

I also use a rubber end cap for a bolt to cover the photocell on the dash so my headlights are always on. I hate driving through a tunnel to have them come on, then go off again. So, no issue there with the fog lights being dimmer.

The one issue I have, is going from high to low has a < second delay in dimming. This was something I knew about beforehand, so I was prepared.

Best upgrade on any vehicle I have ever owned!
Old 10-29-2016, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flickering

Wanted to ask again if anyone had any issues with the J series fogs flickering? Mine is the faintest flicker and ONLY when engine is running.

JW is giving me no answers, I thought it was the harness I used so immediately spliced/soldered the OEM fog harness for a direct connection, same flicker!

I am out of ideas, can anyone help?!?

Cheers,

G
Old 10-29-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gfurm
Wanted to ask again if anyone had any issues with the J series fogs flickering? Mine is the faintest flicker and ONLY when engine is running. JW is giving me no answers, I thought it was the harness I used so immediately spliced/soldered the OEM fog harness for a direct connection, same flicker! I am out of ideas, can anyone help?!? Cheers, G
Aren't they supposed to have a pretty decent warranty (when purchased from an authorized dealer)? I just purchased some, though not installed yet. They are not supposed to flicker.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker J-Series installed