Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC slimlites.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC slimlites.

Just ordered as pair, really excited. Gonna mount them near my windshield on the hood. I got the drive lights, how do they differ from the long distance and the fog? And anybody ever installed them? Just need some help. Also where is best to mount the switch? Thanks so much
Old 12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought the KC Apollo Pros. A little bit thicker than the Slims but not nearly as bulky as the Daylighters. I bought the 100w Driving lights too. The long range ones are just as named. They produce a long spot waaaay out in front of you down the road. The driving lights are more spread, kinda like high beams, but much more with 100w. The fogs are very wide spread to be able to see the sides of the road better.

I have the Rugged Ridge 3 light bar. I have 3 100w driving lights. The outter 2 are pointed out just a tad to give me that wider view and the center one is pointed straight ahead.

You'll love them!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 2 - 130 watt Daylighter spots on the windshield and 2 - 130 watt Daylighter driving lights on the bumper. I use the driving lights as ditch lights - pointed to the sides a little so I can see anything getting ready to run across the road. The spots have a narrow round circle of light that goes quite a ways. I mounted the switches on the A pillar.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tmork
I just bought the KC Apollo Pros. A little bit thicker than the Slims but not nearly as bulky as the Daylighters. I bought the 100w Driving lights too. The long range ones are just as named. They produce a long spot waaaay out in front of you down the road. The driving lights are more spread, kinda like high beams, but much more with 100w. The fogs are very wide spread to be able to see the sides of the road better.

I have the Rugged Ridge 3 light bar. I have 3 100w driving lights. The outter 2 are pointed out just a tad to give me that wider view and the center one is pointed straight ahead.

You'll love them!

Why did you go with the apollos?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HHFD633
Why did you go with the apollos?
I looked around at all the lights. I chose the Apollo Pros 1. because they are thin so I could mount them at the windshield if I changed my mind later to move them off the bumper. 2. because I wanted 100watts. 3. I thought about Daylighters because they are thicker but the depth is only towards the front. On my bumper I'd rather have the dpeth towards the back. So no difference in rear depth between Apollos and Daylighters. I'd rather not have 5" sticking way out from my bumper light bar since that goes forward away from teh grill to begin with.

Also, didn't have to buy the coler KC rock guard with the Apollos since they come with it.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

I just ordered 2 driving lights and a fog light. I'll mount them on a light bar on the bumper with the fog in the middle. Like stated before, the driving lights are like high beams. The fog light will have a lower and wider beam to cut under fog and light up the road at the sides and directly in front of you. I'm hoping the fog light will supplement the factory fogs and make them awesome.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

I looked around at all the lights. I chose the Apollo Pros 1. because they are thin so I could mount them at the windshield if I changed my mind later to move them off the bumper. 2. because I wanted 100watts. 3. I thought about Daylighters because they are thicker but the depth is only towards the front. On my bumper I'd rather have the dpeth towards the back. So no difference in rear depth between Apollos and Daylighters. I'd rather not have 5" sticking way out from my bumper light bar since that goes forward away from teh grill to begin with.

Also, didn't have to buy the coler KC rock guard with the Apollos since they come with it.

Apollos vs. slimlights....why?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

I don't know about the other guy, but I chose the Apollos because they were less expensive and I really don't have to worry about space on my bumper. I'm not trying to squeeze them in anywhere. There's lots of room.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The KC Slimlites come with stone guards as well.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would love to see some pics of these lights on the jeeps!

Quick Reply: KC slimlites.