Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Keyles Glitch

Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Keyles Glitch

Yesterday I unlocked my Jeep to get a MOPAR Data book out and hear the horn beep as if I hit the lock button. Didn't think anything of it since the lights came on... besides, I'm used the the unlock button not having bumps so I hit the button again as I'm walking toward the Jeep to make sure the tailgate is unlocked. As I open the tailgte, I hear the stereo blaring (the 6 disc takes a couple of seconds to start w/ CD or DVDmp3 discs), grab the Data Book -close the tailgate and open the driverside door... the stereo cuts out :confused:

I haven't been able duplicate this... The dealer has never heard of anything like this - It figures I would get the haunted Jeep

Last edited by Fuzzy™; 03-29-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is a gremlin a ghost?!?!:confused:
Old 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Gremlin:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A gremlin is a mythological mischievous creature. Gremlins are depicted as mechanically oriented and extremely devious.

The concept of the Gremlins as responsible for sabotaging aircraft is first recorded among airmen of Britain's Royal Air Force during World War II, in particular the men of the high altitude Photographic Reconnaissance Units (PRU) of RAF Benson, RAF Wick and RAF St Eval. The story attempted to explain the accidents which often occurred during their flights.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gremlin:

A small, sometimes fuzzy topped pink-toed creature with seemingly endless ability to get hands & fingers wherever they shouldn't be. They disassemble things without warning, remove your tools from your toolbox so they cannot be found to amend the problems they create, scrape the ice off of your brand new JK's softtop windows... ...with a screwdriver, wash your new JK with a rock, feed the VCR peanutbutter 'sammiches, put baseball cards in your CD player, eat all the food in the fridge & return the milk container empty, turn the stereo to maximum volume so you spray hot coffee all over your lap in a terrified convulsion at 5am going to work, use your shoes for "boats" in the decorative fishpond in the front yard, and somehow look 50% like you & 50% like your wife.

Gremlins: pronounced - "kids"

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 12-06-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Though I just sprayed my keyboard reading that one. You didn't mention being alergic to water or toothbrush's.

Ron
Old 12-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PBR_Stitch
Though I just sprayed my keyboard reading that one. You didn't mention being alergic to water or toothbrush's.

Ron
*L* Good additions
Old 12-07-2006, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. My horn honked randomly one time while I was standing next to my JK with my keys in my pocket. I had already turned off the function that sounds the horn when the lock button is pressed.... so i'm not sure why the horn just honked out of nowhere like that.

Hasn't happened since....

Last edited by doojer; 12-07-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

I saw that movie when I was real young. Never been the same since.

Quick Reply: Keyles Glitch