Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker PT10 BassStation Install

Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicker PT10 BassStation Install

Hey folks:

I just finished installing the kicker PT10 BassStation on my gate door. Thought I would share with everyone in case you are thinking of the same thing. The BassStation is a great little bass that has a built in amp AND comes with a gain remote control (so needed when you need to adjust for top up or top down). Got it for $250 at Best Buy with the 4 year warranty for $32.

I highly recommend the 4 year warranty because if the amp goes you also lose the speaker or vice versa. For a total of $300 its still cheaper than buying the units separately.

BassStation with Gate open

Installed BassStation with Gate closed

Remote Control on driver side seat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8284.jpg
Views:	2172
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	176065   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8289.jpg
Views:	5540
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	176067   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG8290.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	176068  

Last edited by shrimpster; 06-27-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

How does this compare to stock infinity sub?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Zroe
How does this compare to stock infinity sub?
Kills the infinity sub....but most aftermarket subs do. Its a really good sub. Very impressed. I'm not a big bass guy so this is perfect for most of my music.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski
stock subs are jokes. no matter the car. so you cant compare anything to them.
Why so harsh?! Not all of us like bass so loud you can set off car alarms. I think the infinity sub sounds amazing for what it is and what its in. It's no 1000 watt aftermarket sub, but it's all I'll ever need. Not to mention less for people to steal. All I did was change the head unit to a navi unit and everything is perfect!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

I am thinking of doing something similar but does the stock head unit in an x have the coax plugs for the amp built into the back? i have not taken mine out to check. Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sent you a PM too, but would you care to give a little more info? Like exactly how its wired, do you use the stock Infinity wires? Also, how exactly is it mounted? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Zroe
Sent you a PM too, but would you care to give a little more info? Like exactly how its wired, do you use the stock Infinity wires? Also, how exactly is it mounted? Thanks.
I never had the Infinity system. I had custom kicker speakers and an amp installed prior. I used an RCA convertor to convert the right and left speaker wires fro the headunit to RCA for my AMP. The bass came with stereo speaker wires. I had to buy the kicker RCA convertor to switch those to RCA and then attach it to the RCA from the headunit. Note that i got RCA splitter wires so the headunit RCA would connect to my AMP and BASS.

I strapped the bass to the gate door with the straps and screws that came with it. The bass instructions show hownto drill to the floor. I simply drilled to the gate. I also bought two vey large L shaped braces that i drilled to the gate and had the bass sit on it for support.

The install is solid til today with abuse from my kids. The sound is great. My buddy was amazed how sharp the bass was.

Very happy

Quick Reply: Kicker PT10 BassStation Install