Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Kicker Upgrade???

Old 04-12-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. I have a 2 door. And I'm not really a sub guy. Ordered mine. Should be here tomorrow. Gonna have a visit from brown Santa!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

My speakers came today. The front ones were kind of a b*tch to put in. But while my dash was dismantled, I plasti-dipped the little chrome rings around my gauges. Getting rid of the chrome little by little!

Btw-they do sound really good in comparison. Will probably get an amp soon though.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
My speakers came today. The front ones were kind of a b*tch to put in. But while my dash was dismantled, I plasti-dipped the little chrome rings around my gauges. Getting rid of the chrome little by little!

Btw-they do sound really good in comparison. Will probably get an amp soon though.
Did you keep the stock headunit? I'm looking at getting the kicker speaks for the front and soundbar and doing polyfill but want to keep the stock 130s. How much better sounding are the kickers vs stock? I can't turn my radio past 27 without them starting to sound like garbage.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:14 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cutman
Nice. I have a 2 door. And I'm not really a sub guy. Ordered mine. Should be here tomorrow. Gonna have a visit from brown Santa!!!
No problem. I've got a 2 door also with the infinity system so if anyone else has that system, do yourself a favor and polyfill the sound bar and sub enclosures. The front enclosures don't need it.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

What I have read is with the upgraded kickers they are 4ohms and the stock speakers are 2 ohms thus cutting the volume/power in half so they won't go as loud, sound better but you can't hear them is that true using the stock head unit of course
Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM
DJ1
Former Member

I'm pretty sure mine were 2 ohms...

**edit. I know my sound bar replacements are 2 ohms which aren't Kickers. But you maybe right for the Kickers being 4 ohm. All I can say is the clarity that you get from a co-axial makes the fronts appear much louder. If resistance is a concern, just solder a 4 ohm resister across the Kicker leads to get you back down to 2 ohms....

Last edited by DJ1; 04-14-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DJ1
Any chance you could get a part number or actually check them this is my only concern about upgrading the speakers I plan on keeping the my gig system for a while
Most of the sites don't show the ohms in the details so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger
Old 04-14-2015, 08:27 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by DJ1

**edit. I know my sound bar replacements are 2 ohms which aren't Kickers. But you maybe right for the Kickers being 4 ohm. All I can say is the clarity that you get from a co-axial makes the fronts appear much louder. If resistance is a concern, just solder a 4 ohm resister across the Kicker leads to get you back down to 2 ohms....
btw these were the ones I bought. I don't think the links from my other post were working...
1. fronts - http://www.amazon.com/JEEP-WRANGLER-...40EBP0VADMGDJY

*** a buyer posted pics showing these were 4 ohms...

2. soundbar - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...iglink20512-20

3. poly - Robot Check

Still running 730n head unit and stock 8" infinity sub

Last edited by DJ1; 04-14-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by anviljk

Did you keep the stock headunit? I'm looking at getting the kicker speaks for the front and soundbar and doing polyfill but want to keep the stock 130s. How much better sounding are the kickers vs stock? I can't turn my radio past 27 without them starting to sound like garbage.
Yes. I kept the stock head unit. And I ordered the ones that DJ1 shared on Amazon^^^. I also used polyfill and noticed a difference. I usually don't go over 20 on my head unit. So maybe your stockers are already shot. For the price, without adding an amp or new head, I'd imagine it's about as good as you can get.

Last edited by Cutman; 04-14-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been wanting these for a while now

Quick Reply: Kicker Upgrade???