Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED fog lights as auxiliary backup lights?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good timing on this ya'll. I'm just about to drill holes and install some lights into my factory rear bumper to do this.

Question, referencing Dawn's diagram, which switch body would that be if I'm ordering from OTRATTW?? There are so many different types, it's confusing.

Also, could that same diagram be used to make my Hella 500's come on with my bright lights? I want the same effect (on with brights/totally off/on when I want them on) with one switch for the Hellas.

Thanks,
Micah
Old 02-28-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by emt_micah
Good timing on this ya'll. I'm just about to drill holes and install some lights into my factory rear bumper to do this.

Question, referencing Dawn's diagram, which switch body would that be if I'm ordering from OTRATTW?? There are so many different types, it's confusing.

Also, could that same diagram be used to make my Hella 500's come on with my bright lights? I want the same effect (on with brights/totally off/on when I want them on) with one switch for the Hellas.

Thanks,
Micah
Yes. Just substitute the reverse circuit for the high beam circuit.

Quick Reply: LED fog lights as auxiliary backup lights?