Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

lockpick mygig adapter

Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been in touch with both companies about getting a mic kit, no luck with either. Either no response or a "sorry we don't have a mic kit" response, Let me know if anyone figures out a 3rd option to get a mic wired in ... or if anyone has wired up their own and could share the schematics / set-up they used.

Last edited by K2Skis; 02-13-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Hey guys the next person that gets the lockpick and install it... Can you take a picture of the back of the mygig and identify where exactly the mic would plug in at. Thanks
It plugs into the small square connector between the 2 larger connectors.

Last edited by davidwm71; 02-13-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidwm71

Kudos to you David... You never hesitate to pop out that MyGig and help out your fellow forum members! Even though it appears to be easy to remove the unit, it is still a pain and takes time. Just thought I'd throw you a high five for being so helpful.

Now, if someone can look at this pic, and figure out how to fabricate a mic that works, we are all set.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

I am thinking I need one of these. Just so I am clear on this, will all the functions work with the 6 speed also?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
I am thinking I need one of these. Just so I am clear on this, will all the functions work with the 6 speed also?
yes it will
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by digitalex
Kudos to you David... You never hesitate to pop out that MyGig and help out your fellow forum members! Even though it appears to be easy to remove the unit, it is still a pain and takes time. Just thought I'd throw you a high five for being so helpful.
It is very easy to get the MyGig out, and I've done it a few times. I even still have the tools sitting in the cupholder in the center console. However... this time I didn't pull mine out. It was late when I read the request for the pic so I searched google and used the best pic I could find. I did add the "nifty" MSPaint edit to the pic I found.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71

im in the process of locating the plug that goes in there for the mic, hoping to find it but its not easy, if anyone can get measurements of the plug to aid in the search, let me know
Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Please note that several posts in this thread have been deleted due to the fact that they were in regards to a company that has been BLACKLISTED. This company has been BLACKLISTED because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding companies that engage in undercover soliciting and would appreciate it if you would please refrain from any further discussion regarding them or the products that they make.

Thank you,
Administrator

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-22-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: lockpick mygig adapter