Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Map Updates for MYGIG

Old 06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a shame...just seems like it would be so easy with the USB port and all. Gotta say i still love the convenience of an all in one unit though.

Anyone seen anything on upgrading the hard drive (obviously this would be unofficial)
Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rainuck
I emailed DC about the MYGIG site in the manual not working...I got a canned response and it still doesn't work a month later. I'm not simply looking for Map updates...I want MyGIG O/S updates too, bug fixes, firmware updates...just seems natural for a product of this nature doesn't it?
Harman Becker (the company that makes MyGig) is sending me a CD with an evaluation version of their next software release that fixes some of the bugs in programming. I'm not sure if it has a map and GraceNote update, but I'll compare versions and let everyone know if there are any major changes.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thnx Buddy.............. keep us posted
Old 07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

mdlott - what are some the bugs that the CD addresses?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only one I know it fixes is where your Sirius channel sometimes switches to 184 when you go to the CD/HDD and then back to Sirius (or when you power off the MyGig unit). If there's any documentation with the CD, I'll be sure to share the details.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdlott
The only one I know it fixes is where your Sirius channel sometimes switches to 184 when you go to the CD/HDD and then back to Sirius (or when you power off the MyGig unit). If there's any documentation with the CD, I'll be sure to share the details.
That would be great for the mygig'ers
Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

mdlott,

I have had this issue come up a couple of times now with the My Gig. I still have not contacted the dealer about it. I was wondering if you contacted Harman Becker directly or went through the jeep dealer? Thanks.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racerx
mdlott,

I have had this issue come up a couple of times now with the My Gig. I still have not contacted the dealer about it. I was wondering if you contacted Harman Becker directly or went through the jeep dealer? Thanks.
I tried going through the dealer and they replaced my MyGig unit, but it didn't fix the issue since it's a software bug. I contacted Harman Becker directly and, after emailing back and forth for a while, they said they'd send me the eval software (it probably helped that I let them know I'm a software tech as well and would be happy to thoroughly QA the software for them). I'm still waiting, but will keep everyone posted as soon as I get it loaded.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried going through the dealer and they replaced my MyGig unit, but it didn't fix the issue since it's a software bug. I contacted Harman Becker directly and, after emailing back and forth for a while, they said they'd send me the eval software (it probably helped that I let them know I'm a software tech as well and would be happy to thoroughly QA the software for them). I'm still waiting, but will keep everyone posted as soon as I get it loaded.
This has only happened maybe twice since I took delivery so I have hesitated taking it to the dealer. You are the first person I have heard of having this same issue. I will be interested to see if this fixes the problem. Thanks, and keep us posted.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I received the new MyGig software version today and had it up and running in about 20 minutes. The process was simple - I just popped in the supplied CD, and after about 2 minutes a new screen appeared showing my current software version (9.041) and the version on the CD (9.556) and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes and it proceeded to copy files, reboot the MyGig, install the updates and then reboot the MyGig a second time.

I haven't noticed much difference, but the issue with Sirius switching channels has been fixed! Hopefully the dealers will get this soon (or make it available for download) so that everyone can get the update.

Both the Gracenote and Map Database versions stayed the same, so I guess those will be separate updates further down the road.

Quick Reply: Map Updates for MYGIG