Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Map Updates for MYGIG

Old 07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdlott
I received the new MyGig software version today and had it up and running in about 20 minutes. The process was simple - I just popped in the supplied CD, and after about 2 minutes a new screen appeared showing my current software version (9.041) and the version on the CD (9.556) and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes and it proceeded to copy files, reboot the MyGig, install the updates and then reboot the MyGig a second time.

I haven't noticed much difference, but the issue with Sirius switching channels has been fixed! Hopefully the dealers will get this soon (or make it available for download) so that everyone can get the update.

Both the Gracenote and Map Database versions stayed the same, so I guess those will be separate updates further down the road.
are you allowed to post the iso?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I received the new MyGig software version today and had it up and running in about 20 minutes. The process was simple - I just popped in the supplied CD, and after about 2 minutes a new screen appeared showing my current software version (9.041) and the version on the CD (9.556) and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes and it proceeded to copy files, reboot the MyGig, install the updates and then reboot the MyGig a second time.

I haven't noticed much difference, but the issue with Sirius switching channels has been fixed! Hopefully the dealers will get this soon (or make it available for download) so that everyone can get the update.

Both the Gracenote and Map Database versions stayed the same, so I guess those will be separate updates further down the road.
Can you load an ISO of the cd?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bug in POI List

I have found another bug in the navigation POI lists. If you want to find a nearby POI such as a restaurant, you can press "Where Am I?" and then "Nearby POIs" at the bottom of the screen. The display shows the page 1 of 100+, but there is no scroll button to see anything but the first page. Other multi-paged lists do have a scroll button.

Has you observed this bug? Does the CD upgrade fix this problem?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ky8t
I have found another bug in the navigation POI lists. If you want to find a nearby POI such as a restaurant, you can press "Where Am I?" and then "Nearby POIs" at the bottom of the screen. The display shows the page 1 of 100+, but there is no scroll button to see anything but the first page. Other multi-paged lists do have a scroll button.

It does this when the car is in motion - it is programmed this way just like you cannot set a new destination while in motion -

if you pull over and stop a scroll arrow will appear -
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you loose all your presets and trails when you upgraded the software?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by directedby
It does this when the car is in motion - it is programmed this way just like you cannot set a new destination while in motion -

if you pull over and stop a scroll arrow will appear -
Yeah, you are right, but I am almost certain that there is another list that will scroll while moving.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, it's crazy that they'll let you scroll through music/radio choices but not restaurants...
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ky8t

This still happens with the new software. I have noticed that if you touch the area where the down button would normally be then the screen will scroll and then the arrows will appear. I'll let them know about this bug when I email them back this week.

Originally Posted by o|||||||o EDMONTONTRADER
Did you loose all your presets and trails when you upgraded the software?
No, I didn't lose any of my presets or trails when I upgraded the software, which was good news to me. When the dealer replaced my MyGig, they didn't transfer any of my data and I had to put it all back in.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default MyGig crash and updates

I was wondering if anyone has had their system crash? I just bought a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and it has black screened on me twice and then displays the operation disclaimer. Not sure if this is software or if I have a defective radio.

First time it happened, was on startup of the vehicle. Radio did not power on right away. It appeared as if the radio was powered off after starting the vehicle. I pressed the power button, but nothing happened. About 30 seconds later, it worked.

The second crash happened when I was in nav mode following a route that I had inputted.

Thanks for help and answers. You can e-mail me direct at mh9952000@yahoo.com
Old 08-20-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Upadate on maps

Hey I asked the parts department at the stealership last week about when a mygig update would be. He said after the first of the year. Then he told me that the cd for the whole US and Canada would run about 250 dollars. You could buy a regional map udate cd Say for the South east. That one was only 150 dollars. Is there any where else I could go on the internet to get it cheaper or for FREE???
Andrew

Quick Reply: Map Updates for MYGIG