Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MOPAR EVS II security system

Old 11-25-2006, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOPAR EVS II security system

The MOPAR website & local dealers here have limited information. Anyone know specifics, details or have any information? I would like to get this installed on my Unlimited X when it arrives ONLY if it is worth it.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:51 AM
JK Newbie

here's abit more info, probably stuff you already know about it. Maybe help others who stumble onto this thread. Just sounds like an alarm system for those who opted out of the power windows/doorlocks option. The price seems fair though.

Security, EVS II - For Jeep Wrangler's without Keyless Entry. Enjoy the protection of electronic vehicle security with Mopar EVS II Security System. The System offers exterior and interior protection and includes two, two button key fob transmitters to arm and disarm the system.

EVS II for vehicles without Remote Keyless Entry. Complete kit includes vehicle harness and offers perimeter/interior protection, horn-honk alarm, starter interrupt and two keyfobs to arm and disarm the system. Can not be used on vehicles with Mopar Remote Start.

Fits Model Year 2007

Item # 82209991

Price $219.00
Sale Price $197.10

HTH
Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

There is the EVS I and EVSII. I have the EVS I on mine and it only sounds if the doors open when it is armed. That isn't much of an alarm if you ask me.

As I understand the EVSII has the perimeter sensors. A little better and price doesn't seem real bad. I don't know much about alarms though.

Bryan
Old 11-27-2006, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

I still can't believe they didn't put a pin switch under the hood.. You can still open the hood with the alarm acivated..

Quick Reply: MOPAR EVS II security system