Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My GIG display question????

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read the flippin manual and couldnt find anything about it. I didnt check the Jeep manual, I checked the Navigation manual.

I flipped the switch and it got darker when I turned on the headlights, but it doesnt go as low as I have the night mode set. Any other suggestions? I can turn it down with the dimmer control, but the guage lights are ok and I dont want them down that low, but the radio is a bit over powering.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phildo
I read the flippin manual and couldnt find anything about it. I didnt check the Jeep manual, I checked the Navigation manual.

I flipped the switch and it got darker when I turned on the headlights, but it doesnt go as low as I have the night mode set. Any other suggestions? I can turn it down with the dimmer control, but the guage lights are ok and I dont want them down that low, but the radio is a bit over powering.
When it’s set up correctly it should invert the colors on the map page, From what I can tell you have it set right but it’s still too bight that’s a common complaint, I don’t think there’s anything in the settings that will make it any darker. I finely got used to it. You can try looking around http://mofv.com/mygig/ and see if there’s anything there.
Luck
Old 09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope that's normal! Change it to the Map Screen and it wont bug you as much..
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
M A N U A L . read the manual
Manual?! We don't need no stinkin' manual! Or directions, for that matter!

Quick Reply: My GIG display question????