Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Gig Fitment

Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gig Fitment

Hello everyone Iam new to this very informative board. Would anyone know if a My Gig Nav with part #05064080ad will fir in a 2008 Jeep Sahara that has the regular stock cd with siruis radio player?

I saw a cheap nav on ebay with that part number and the person claims it would fit my 2008 but I cant find any info that it will. I was told just remove the old radio and this is plug and play. just need to buy the GPS antena?

thanx for the help
Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe it is more than just plug and play. It may need to be tapped in to the brake light, vehicle speed sensor, sirius and parking brake in addition to the gps antenna.
Be afraid, be very afraid of a cheap mygig, especially one that is just the head unit.
It may be from a wreck or pulled for an upgrade, but to me it sounds like it is white hot.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, that part number looks to be an updated? my-gig head unit with 20gb storage.
Price I have seen is for $1750.
What is the ebay asking price?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I believe it is plug and pay.

the Mygig connects to the CAN Bus of the vehicle and essentially is connected to the computer.. Although I have heard there is 2 different navi MyGigs out there, one High speed can and one low speed can
Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a ton of my gigs out there. Some work with the JK's... some dont.... Some have navigation.... most of the ones on ebay dont....

For the quickest answer, do a search. A few people have done the my gig swap.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Mygig

I actually found a site that has a ton of info on mygigs. It looks like my part nuber is from a 2007 Wrangler so it should fit. I purchased it on ebay auctually for $600. Pictures of the mygig looked brand new. Only 1 person bid on it probally because the seller never answers emails and the auction title only stated rer. I only found the part number by zooming in on the auction picture and cross referanced it. If it works and plays I geuss i stole it for $600. The last one this person sold for around $850. If it doesnt work then it goes back to the seller and I pay $10 to ship it back worse case.

I just need to stop by the dealer and get the gps antena. I should receive it by next week so I will post my outcome as well as so pictures of the install.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default My Gig Install

Here is the install of the Mygig off Ebay. When installed it did not require any dealer adjustments. I linked up with my car and siruis radio played so no delaer starscan tool needed. i geuss it knows the vehicle VIN somehow.

Everything was pretty easy to install. Not bad for $600

IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/verycheapdeals/Sony%20PS3%20Jan%2013/998ebe2d.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Aldo,

It is a piece of cake to install. The gps antenna mounts underneath the plastic cover on top of the dash. I bought the Tuffy radio cover lock and I love it. For the, the gps antenna mounts on top of the cover. When I installed my antenna the satellites picked me up in 30 seconds and it has worked perfedtly since I installed it. It is 100% a plug and play unit. You will need a microphone for the uconnect to work. I bought it with the lockpik and that works great as well, especially if you want to add a camera or rear entertainment system.

If it takes 30 minutes to install that would be a lot. Send me an email if you have any problems.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lockpick is one of the two devices that "interrupt" the canbus signal to allow for you to enter addresses etc while in motion. Also to watch movies while driving.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great info gang. I'm the proud new owner of a RER hi-speed Bus MyGig #5064739AD and should be taking delivery of it sometime this coming week. Your write up of how straight forward the info is and the links to good sources of information gave me what I needed to pull the trigger on this and try the install myself. I've built engines before, but haven't had any chances to do radio installation. This will be my first.

Quick Reply: My Gig Fitment