Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

My Gig Retrofitting?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gig Retrofitting?

I have the single disc Sirius HU in my 07. I have heard about people swapping in the MYGig HUs. Do you need anything different to do this? I did a quick search for 'mygig retrofit' and din;t find anything... I have heard you can swap in the MyGig out of any DC vehicle and it will 'learn' that it is now in a Jeep. has anyone done this? and what all is involved?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepin_Erik
I have the single disc Sirius HU in my 07. I have heard about people swapping in the MYGig HUs. Do you need anything different to do this? I did a quick search for 'mygig retrofit' and din;t find anything... I have heard you can swap in the MyGig out of any DC vehicle and it will 'learn' that it is now in a Jeep. has anyone done this? and what all is involved?
:(
you are weak in the search fu.
Perhaps www.google.com will assist you?

Short answers:
any HIGH SPEED CANBUS mygig will work in a JK. (Yes, ONLY HIGH SPEED will work, low speed units WILL NOT WORK. Please do not ask for the 350th time)
They have RER (with nav) and REN (without NAV) units for high speed canbus that will work.

The only things you will need you may or may not have are:
1. Mic for uconnect/VR
2. Sirius Antenna. (Pricey from dealer)
3. GPS Antenna. (Fairly cheap from dealer)

If you have the infinity system it will keep using the amp, etc. If you do not have the amp, it will use it's internal amp to push the 4 channels.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is wasy as plug and play. Takes no time to install, and your sirius antenna is the same. Also if you're looking for a mygig, I have a REN for sale in the for sale section.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thank u for the help! I am wanting to get the MYGig. I will check ur sale post!

Quick Reply: My Gig Retrofitting?