Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGiG Cd storage Problem

Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MyGiG Cd storage Problem

For two different cd's I put in the player, I pushed the copy softkey on the screen and waited till it said it was complete. Now I cannot find where the music is. There is no HDD softkey on my main radio screen and when I go into the menu and try to pull up playlists it says nothing is there. Help me find it!

Am I retarded? Did the hard drive fart? Your help is appreciated!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you say main radio screen, do you mean the one where am/fm/sat are the three choices at the top.

if so, you have to push the radio/media button on the left and it toggles to a screen with 3-4 or so more choices, i being HDD.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that's the screen I'm talking about, ok now I found the HDD icon but when I press HDD all the folder options are empty. Two cd's are copied on there somewhere.

Last edited by Bronco_Bustin; 08-16-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question, I'm on the fence on purchasing a mygig, can you connect an Ipod to the usb port and copy all the tunes to the hdd?
And if so, do you scan through it just like you would an Ipod only with a different interface?
I know stupid question, but I don't know.
I've just never used or seen one in person.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not stupid. I don't think you can copy music off your ipod onto anything, including a pc let alone the mygig. I think your second question is a good one. My manual doesn't say anything about it so it probably won't work but I guess I'll give it a try and let you know. If I don't get back to you it means I died from it!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

The mygig only plays mp3 and wma files so if your ipod has music in any other format, it wont work. I tried copying the cd straight to the HDD but didn't like the results and it took forever. I found it was a lot easier just putting the album folders on a usb drive and loading them through the usb connection.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I tried that before I tried just burning the CD's straight on. It gave me some kind of crap like the files aren't in correct format.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Using a thumb drive and the usb port is the only way I have been able to load music or video's to my Mygig. I tried the sync cable and my Zune but got nothing.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I tried my friends thumbdrive and it worked. But wouldn't for mine for some reason. And still have no idea where the two copied cd files went

Quick Reply: MyGiG Cd storage Problem