Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

mygig gps help

Old 10-09-2010, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mygig gps help

the turn by turn directions, (the small box on the right) no longer shows up. all it shows a highlighted road. also even with the gps volume all the way up i hear nothing but the sound still transfers to the right side. any body got any ideas?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by willypapooh
the turn by turn directions, (the small box on the right) no longer shows up. all it shows a highlighted road. also even with the gps volume all the way up i hear nothing but the sound still transfers to the right side. any body got any ideas?
It sounds like some how your settings got adjusted by someone.

While in the Nav screen, press the "Menu" button, which will take you to the Menu item settings for Navigation. Inside there you can adjust the display preferences so that your turn by turn directions show up again.

Also, while you are in the menu settings screen of Navigation. Go to the "Guidance Prompts" menu and make sure the Play Guidance Prompts check box is checked. It sounds like that check is uncheck, thus disabling the guidance prompts.

Do you have any kids?? Because it really sounds like, someone went into the Navi menu and messed around and changed the settings on you.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

thanks for the info, im going to try do that now. lol yea i have a 3 year old, but i dont think she was ever in my jeep with me. i just got back from deployent so it was probb my roomate tinkering with things lol.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

so i got the voice to work now, all the boes where checked for the turn by turn box. so i unchecked them then rechecked them and nothing happen.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Pull out your Navigation/MyGig book if you still have it. I had a few issues and found the troubleshooting section to be great..

Or just wing it and go through everything, you might as well learn it all!! Good luck
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by willypapooh
so i got the voice to work now, all the boes where checked for the turn by turn box. so i unchecked them then rechecked them and nothing happen.
Here's a step by step.
1. Goto Nav Map Screen
2. Press the "Menu" Hard Key button.
On the right, you should see 5 Display screen options
- Display Settings
- Screen Saver
- Full Map
- Turn by Turn
- Turn List

It sounds like you have "Full Map" activated. You want to press the "Turn by Turn" button. The Turn by Turn will only display when you are routing to a destination and a turn is coming up.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: mygig gps help