Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mygig information needed

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know what version your running on your MyGig by chance? i haven't updated mine in probably over a year. thanx again!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
do you know what version your running on your MyGig by chance? i haven't updated mine in probably over a year. thanx again!
Yep....v2.042
Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everything you would want to know about the MyGig is right here: www. wk jeeps .com / MyGIG_parts.htm

Very useful site and answers all the general MyGig ?'s and more.

I suggest buying an 09 or newer unit (part # listed on the website) as it will have the larger hard drive and will be compatible with the MOPAR iPod harness. I got the lockpick and a rear view camera as well. Love it.

As for the Stereo, Im not sure I could tell a difference. I initially had the 6-disk unit.

Last edited by TonyT; 08-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MI MudBoss
does any one know if the MyGig is supposed to play burned dvd's??? i coulda sworn when i first got my '08 it played store bought & movies that i made. in 3 years i've gone through a new radio, new amp and several version updates. i burn movies onto dvd-r discs if that matters. thanx for any info
My legal copies of my owned DVDs () burned onto -R play just fine on the MyGig (only when I am at a full and complete stop of course ).

Quick Reply: Mygig information needed