Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Navigation and Sat. radio issues??

Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a reset button for the MyGig, or what the proper way to "reset" it is??
Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had issues with the nav system in the MyGIG, so far since I had the antenna replaced all seems to be working well... (Fingers Crossed) Here is some other nav issues:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/mygig-navigation-problems-6517/
Old 02-01-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mackdjm
I had really high hopes when I found my 08 Rubicon at my dealership with MyGig already installed, but now that I have it... I don't think I want it!! I have been having issues with the Navigation... I will be going one direction and the navigation will say I'm going the opposite direction. And after an hour or so of driving it will finally fix it self. It frequently has been about 200 yards off course, like when I was driving in Key West, It said I was driving in the Ocean the whole time!!! Usually all I have to do to correct the problem is turn off the car and then turn it back on, but I shouldn't have to do this every other time I start my Jeep. I’ve taken it to the dealer and of course it never has a problem while they are testing it and then they tell me just to turn my car off and on again to fix the problem . Also my Favorites keep getting wiped on the Sat. Radio??? Is anyone else having these problems with MyGig?

Also having trouble the the volume not working. You start the car and you can't hear anything you go to adjust the volume and you don't get the digital bars at all showing that the volume is getting louder. The only way I've found to correct the problem is to shut the car off for about 10 min and then start it up again.
I have the same problem i took it to a dealership and they told me it is a problem with the software/firmware, and they need to order a DVD with updated software which they still have not recived going on 2 weeks now.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mackdjm
Does anyone know if there is a reset button for the MyGig, or what the proper way to "reset" it is??
I don't know of any way to reset it, but I wish I did. What I have done so far is just deal with whatever issue it is having and the next time I start the Jeep it "usually" seems to have worked itself out.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you replace the antenna yourself? I'm trying to determine how easy it is to replace ... at $40 it's not worth the hassle of fighting with the dealership service department.

Quick Reply: MyGig Navigation and Sat. radio issues??