Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG RER 9.715 Problem

Old 05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGIG RER 9.715 Problem

Installed 9.715 today, it loaded but the disk won't eject after it's completed. None of the CD removal suggestions have worked. Any suggestions for getting the CD out? The install disk seems to have locked all the hard keys.

Has anyone else had any problems related to this release?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larkink
Installed 9.715 today, it loaded but the disk won't eject after it's completed. None of the CD removal suggestions have worked. Any suggestions for getting the CD out? The install disk seems to have locked all the hard keys.

Has anyone else had any problems related to this release?

I would run t the update a second time.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, did that becuase I can install it as many times as I like since to CD won't come out. It won't eject but it will reinstall....this sucks.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

3. For RER (Nav Enabled MyGIG Radios) - Press the SEEKUP - SEEKDOWN - and NAV hard keys on the radio all at the same time to eject the CD.

http://mofv.com/mygig/

Last edited by Robar; 05-16-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Please do not post direct non sponsor links.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem, I turned the car off, paniced that I F'ed it all up...then just kept hitting buttons! Eventually, the screen asking me to update from 9.715 to 9.715 came up, I clicked No, and was able to eject it.

No problems to date with the upgrade. and one big WHEW!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK so I downloaded the update, but my burner will not allow me to burn slower then 13.4X. The instructions say you should burn at 2x. Will the update still work with the faster burn speed.? However, I can burn a DVD at 1x. Will that work?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

MyGIG never recovered and I was unable to get the disk out. I called two differenet dealerships today here in New Jersey. The first dealership told me they pull out the MyGIG and send them back to have the disk removed then sent back.

The second dealer told me they just order a replacement and swap it out when it comes in. So at this point I'm waiting for the replacement to come.

I also asked them if I could have a copy of the software and was told they only have one copy and that they only do upgrades if someone is having a problem that can't otherwise be fixed.

Harmon/Becker tells you that you have to talk to the dealership to aquire software updates...some I'm confused.

I did tell the service department what I had done and what I was trying to do, they didn't blink and eye, just said we'll order a new one for you.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
OK so I downloaded the update, but my burner will not allow me to burn slower then 13.4X. The instructions say you should burn at 2x. Will the update still work with the faster burn speed.? However, I can burn a DVD at 1x. Will that work?

You can use a DVD if you like but I burned my cd @ 16x and it worked just fine.
Although Next time I will burn it at 8x just to be safe. That was not smart on my part.
I have a Sony DRU-710A CD\DVD burner and I only use Verbatium blanks.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Doubt seriously that ithe software 9.715 causing this, your head unit has an issue sounds like. Bring it to Service, should be under warranty and take them a short amount of time to get going for you.

I received mine in the mail from them, have had no issues with install or afterwards.

Did you burn your own download?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

I dropped off the mygig to the dealer, they ordered me a replacement.

Quick Reply: MyGIG RER 9.715 Problem