Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Software release date set!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig Software release date set!!!

For all those of you who are interested, I was just told that the next release of the MyGig software -- 9.6xx is expected to be released by Harmon Kardon in mid January.

I've been told to expect several things, but the one that is the most exciting to me is Sirius Traffic Flow Data.

As I know more, I'll keep everyone informed.

--Sky
Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the update!

I'd love to see a 1 mile zoom setting. I don't like how it jumps from .5 miles to 2 miles.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Do you know if it will have a fix for the popping issue? Or is that only fixable though the AMP upgrade method?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skydyvyr
For all those of you who are interested, I was just told that the next release of the MyGig software -- 9.6xx is expected to be released by Harmon Kardon in mid January.

I've been told to expect several things, but the one that is the most exciting to me is Sirius Traffic Flow Data.

--Sky
Hey Sky thanks for keeping on top of the mygig for us. YOU ROCK!!!!! Are you gonna do it like the last one with the zip file or see if Jack will do like he did and split some of it up. Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

--Sky

Whats Traffic flow data?? We already have traffic, or does this upgrade actually show if whatever construction or accident or road closer is actually causing traffic???
Cause Ive noticed now, it doesnt, half the time it shows somethign ahead and you get there and theres guys on the side of the road cleaning up garbage, not exactly construction, or causing a back up
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

--Sky
WOOT! Sounds GREAT! Can't wait!!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by viper11378
Do you know if it will have a fix for the popping issue? Or is that only fixable though the AMP upgrade method?
The pop'ing issue is a problem with the AMP, so a firmware upgrade won't fix it. I went through the problem and have mine fixed now with an amp swap out!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

SWEET!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RuBob
I'm new to this. Is this something the dealership will do? They will charge you for it?
You should be able to do this yourself. It's just a matter of dowloading a file and unzipping it. Then just burn the files to a cd and put the cd in the mygig...follow the instructions to upgrade the software.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by alan1974us
The pop'ing issue is a problem with the AMP, so a firmware upgrade won't fix it. I went through the problem and have mine fixed now with an amp swap out!
I had mine re-flashed today and it fixed the problem. I did not have to get a new amp.

Quick Reply: MyGig Software release date set!!!