Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG stuck on one song

Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MyGIG stuck on one song

Now as much as I love Master of Puppets I don't want to hear that every time I turn on my stereo. Yet, for some reason, my MyGIG HD keeps defaulting to that song every time I first turn on the radio and switch to the HD.

And ideas?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's sending you a message: "Obey your master, master"

Seriously, hand't seen that one before. Might be worth a pull of the radio fuse or battery to get the MyGig to reboot.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Well, at least it didn't get stuck on some Celine Dion song or something

But I'd try what 08RubiUnlimited said....
if that doesn't work, try upgrading the software version, even if its to the same one.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

im getting so sick of the mygig all the updates and problems i have i think it's more of a pain int eh ass than it's worth. the dealer talked me into getting it when i got the jeep because it had it in it. and if i did not want it they would have had to take it out. im thinking im going to sell it get a nice aftermarket pioneer or something and get a portable nav
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

I love mine... I upgraded to it after trying others... anyways, I've got the iPod hook up, and don't keep any songs on the MyGig...

I've got way more on the iPod, so I just use that instead. XM plugged in to rear aux, just need HD radio and I'll be done (for now)

Thats not a solution though (though i've not got that problem in my current configuration), just an alternative option!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

That happened to mine and before I could pull the fuse it magically went away. Every once and a while it will do it. Sometimes the Nav also forgets my home adress in the Guide Me Home Button....
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
I love mine... I upgraded to it after trying others... anyways, I've got the iPod hook up, and don't keep any songs on the MyGig...

I've got way more on the iPod, so I just use that instead. XM plugged in to rear aux, just need HD radio and I'll be done (for now)

Thats not a solution though (though i've not got that problem in my current configuration), just an alternative option!
I will go to an iPod as soon as Apple stops being the propriatary company it is. When I installed my 20G iPod back in 2003 it DISABLED Music Match completely. Reading the FAQ it stated that iTunes will always do this as a "feature". That ain't no feature.

I'll stick to my iRiver. Sure, may not be as many "accessories" for it. But it works like an external HD, plays FLAC, and lets me browse the files.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
I will go to an iPod as soon as Apple stops being the propriatary company it is. When I installed my 20G iPod back in 2003 it DISABLED Music Match completely. Reading the FAQ it stated that iTunes will always do this as a "feature". That ain't no feature.

I'll stick to my iRiver. Sure, may not be as many "accessories" for it. But it works like an external HD, plays FLAC, and lets me browse the files.
I hear ya... I'm not a fan of the proprietary-ness of the iPod, but I've just given up, since nearly every aftermarket radio, and apparently most OEM radios are touting the iPod compatibility. I just copy all my music as mp3... which wasn't fun since most of my music was in the (propritary) format of WMA... 40+ gigs of conversion .

now to google what this Music Match thing is...

Did ya try the fuse thing, or the software upgrade yet?

what happens if you remove that song from the HD, start it up, and put it back on.... maybe that'll fix it too
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't use iTunes for the iPod. Instead I use winamp. It allows me to add music from anything. I have tons of mp3's and if I wanted to use a program like ares, or another p2p to get music instead of itunes, I can load them on my iPod no problem. I keep a lot of songs on the mygig though, so the iPod is pointless in the Jeep.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm gonna try the fuse thing when I get off work.

I have over 600gb of MP3's. It would take forever to convert them to AAC for an iPod and after that first experience, I'm good with the MyGIG and the iRiver. iRiver is better suited to my skiing anyway as it's got that nifty remote.

Quick Reply: MyGIG stuck on one song