Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGig Updater is now available..

Old 10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt notice the bluetooth or backup camera but right after the update I noticed when I floor it jet turbines extend from under the truck. Great update, couldnt be happier with it!

Mike
Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Keep in mind I have the AllGig unit attached to my MyGig so I may have some features show up that the plain MyGig wont show... Let me contact my guy at HK and see if he has some fix to enable the u-Connect and other stuff without an AllGig...
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kthrash
Keep in mind I have the AllGig unit attached to my MyGig so I may have some features show up that the plain MyGig wont show... Let me contact my guy at HK and see if he has some fix to enable the u-Connect and other stuff without an AllGig...
I was fixing to say damn but you told us that you have the AllGig. What did that run ya? I don't know if I am extracting this right. I open up the folder. Then select the 4 folders in that one. The 4 folders that I am looking at: one has a pic of a file folders the other 3 look like pages that have a dog ear in the top right corner with some color dots on them. Am I in the right place?
Andrew
Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skydyvyr
I am updated but can't find the Backup Camera feature... Where is it?

I should elaborate -- I am currently working on a harness for the MyGig that includes line level inputs as well as Video In (alternative video source) and Out (for a rear screen option). being able to add Back-Up camera to it would be very cool and fill all of my Christmas wishes.

When the harness is complete and working I'll publish a complete diy write-up here with parts lists et al.
Wow this would be cool. We were all just talking about this the other day. I didn't think the MyGig even had the capability for video input.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gettin gigi with it

allgig???? mygig yourgig whogig is on first?????
can someone please explain to me how to get uconnect and all the other good stuff that my pogig doesnt have
thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by naplesrubicon
can someone please explain to me how to get uconnect and all the other good stuff that my pogig doesnt have
thanks
search back thru some of the threads and you might find it. check out navtv.com. They have all kinds of stuff, I think, for the mygig. Hope that helps
Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who is harmon becker ??????
and nav tv was not nice to me and didnt return my email
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks
There is no way at this point to get uconnect working. Please search the forum as was suggested - this has been talked about in length many times. Navtv sells the BlueGig that will enable bluetooth functionality, but not many people have it from what it sounds like - due to price I think.

who is harmon becker ??????
and nav tv was not nice to me and didnt return my email
harmon/becker is who makes the mygig for DCX. Google them, they are a division of Harmon - as in the speaker and stereo mfg.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Back up camera

the update does provide support for a back-up camera under menu and system setup. It has a check-box for enable camera while in reverse. When checked and while in reverse the screen changes to what would be the camera view and reads check entire surrounding. So what this tells me is if we were to get the harness and the camera - from one of the other vehicles that use this in conjuction with mygig it would work - and also the VES for the rear seat and even the new Sirius tv.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasonhol
the update does provide support for a back-up camera under menu and system setup. It has a check-box for enable camera while in reverse. When checked and while in reverse the screen changes to what would be the camera view and reads check entire surrounding. So what this tells me is if we were to get the harness and the camera - from one of the other vehicles that use this in conjuction with mygig it would work - and also the VES for the rear seat and even the new Sirius tv.
Unfortunately, there is no "stock" harness that will work from another DCX vehicle. It's a combination of several harnesses that connect to each other. Not only that, but all the features I'm looking to enable are not currently available in one single DCX model vehicle.

Quick Reply: MyGig Updater is now available..