Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
You could try disconnecting the battery and leave it for a bit then hook it back up and see if it resets. If it still doesn't fix the problem its probably something internal that's failing unfortunately.
Took it back to the dealership and they cannot find the problem so offered to replace with an aftermarket unit or another Mygig out of Chrysler they have on the lot and offered a one year warranty on whatever I chose. I opted for same system out of the other vehicle and am hopeful that this solves my problem. Hoping I didn't make the wrong choice not going with an aftermarket system.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

I couldn't get mine to upgrade either
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
I don't have a MAC but these are the instructions I received from a fellow member of JK forum.

For MAC's only!

Make sure to rename the disk to whatever the update is!!

when I downloaded the files whpony96 provided.. one of them was missing the version number. it needs to be like this for the System update =
RER_2.403
and this for the Gracenote update=
Gracenote

so again to recap

To update the navigation operating system you will need to download this file
MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher
username: mygig@soxag
password: gasolio

go to software updates - gracenotes update and\or RER 2.403 Update

1- Unzip it
2- you will see a folder. make sure that the folder title is RER_2.403 and that there are 2 files and 1 folder inside that "RER_2.403" folder.
3- Insert a CD
4- (Mac users only!) right click the RER_2.403 folder
5- you will see Burn "RER_2.403" to a disk. click it
6- double check the CD name. again make sure it's RER_2.403 or it will not run on your nav.
7- select the slowest speed to burn.
8- wait for it to finish.
9- start your Jeep and wait for the Mygig to load.
10- insert CD
11- wait for the screen to load. then select update.
12- DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR JEEP! let it install and then once it's done it will restart.
13- Mygig will bring you back to that same screen you were prompt in step 11. at that point you can eject the CD and shut off your Jeep

same case with the Gracenotes

if you are updating your maps (you have to pay $150 for this)

it will take an hour and also keep the Jeep running or attach a battery charger.

I know this thread is kind of old, but hopefully I can get some input on it. I followed this process (because I'm using a macbook pro). The only difference is that on the mydrive.ch site, I could only find RER 2.404.ISO, and I assumed this was the newest update and was just not listed on the original post.

Come to think of it, it wasnt a zipped file, so I didnt have to unzip it (like step 1 says)

I downloaded RER 2.404.ISO, "right clicked" it and selected burn to disk. I selected 2x speed (which is the slowest available) and waited for it to be done. I then went out to the truck and put it into the Mygig.

I assumed it should start the update automatically, but I sat in the truck with it in for 10 minutes, and it did nothing but show "DATA".

What am I doing/ did I do wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I fear that I missed a step or just cant comprehend the process!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

So I followed the steps to update my RER as per the second post since I have a Macbook Pro. I downloaded RER 2.404.ISO from mydrive.ch and burned it to a dvd disk at the slowest setting (2x). I also named the disk RER_2.404, i know the instructions say RER_2.403 but I assumed that this was a newer update.

I put the burned disk into my mygig and waited 10 minutes. Nothing happened, it just displayed "DATA" as being on the disk.

Did I do something wrong? Miss a step? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eman2289
So I followed the steps to update my RER as per the second post since I have a Macbook Pro. I downloaded RER 2.404.ISO from mydrive.ch and burned it to a dvd disk at the slowest setting (2x). I also named the disk RER_2.404, i know the instructions say RER_2.403 but I assumed that this was a newer update.

I put the burned disk into my mygig and waited 10 minutes. Nothing happened, it just displayed "DATA" as being on the disk.

Did I do something wrong? Miss a step? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Place the burned disc in the Mac or pC and open the contents of the disc. If you see (1) file RER 2.404 then the disc is burned incorrectly. You should see (3) separate directory's. If you do see (3) separate directory's. then it's either the media you using (I only use Verbatium) or disc burner itself.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, make sure you burned the contents of the iso image to the disc, not the ISO file itself.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
Yes, make sure you burned the contents of the iso image to the disc, not the ISO file itself.
Thank you to both of you guys!

For mac users, dont burn the file that shows up, open the file and highlight the 3 files within the iso file and "right click" and burn to disk and name the disk RER_2.404

Worked perfectly! Only took about 10 minutes! Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Help please

This thread has been so helpful and I really appreciate all the answers to the questions that are asked. With that said i have one question I currently have version 9.807 is it safe to install the newest version 2.403? or should i do one by one in order of there release dates?, and if its in order where would i get all the previous versions?.

Thanks in advance for reading and answering.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

I am in the same boat as emac707. I have 9.713 installed in my 07 jeep and want to make sure I do the install correctly and in order in necessary. I also need to update my gracenotes and maps.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Wish I would have found this forum first myself, lots of great info on here guys! I have an 08 Wrangler and I upgraded from 96xx software to the 2.403. I say I wish I would have saw this first since I believe my hdd is now corrupt because I didnt go with the 9731 update before moving forward. When I go into my system settings and hard drive info it still says how much space I have used and how much is left, so I am not sure the HDD is actually corrupt or not. I did not clear my HDD off before updating either like it says on here so I am wondering if maybe it will start working again after some drive time with it on. I only have maybe 25-30 songs on the HDD since I just got the Jeep a few weeks ago. So after reading this I went ahead and downloaded the 9731 update and reverted back to it and then updated to 2.403 after. I am still not getting anything on myhdd or ability to copy a disc. I am allowed to transfer songs from my flash drive but nothing shows up, so what next? Just wait and see if it comes back on or does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks for all your help on here everyone, its been a great source of info!

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403