Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403

Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caylander
Hi to all,

I have just updated my Mygig REW EU software to 2.404, put on the Map-update 2013 and then wanted to update the gracenote software. The Gracenote-DVD showed: data, but nothing else happened. So I burned a new DVD at slowest speed, but again only data. A USB-Stick with the actual gracenote software also showed: "data" and nothing else happened.

At present I have the following information on my REW: Application: 2.404, Gracenote: 518
Data-Bank: WS5-E12183.3.0 SDS: 170901
Hardware: Serial-Nr.: T00BE209700286 System: 6818.006.3.5

I took the download off the Swiss-Server. It´s an RAR-file which I burned as a iso-data file.

I wonder if I did anything wrong???
I´m also not able to find a 518 gracenote-file anywhere. All files are way up higher in the numbering. I prosume I have a very old gracenote file on my REW?
I was surprised that the actual gracenote update was not on the update-CD with the 2.404 files for the REW, that was sent to me with purchase of the map update 2013 from Navteq.

The REW HDD only shows Music-titles that I loaded through a USB-Stick. Titles from CDs are shown as track numbers.
Navigation and Radio works fine! U-Connect problems with connection to smartphone via bluetooth.

Hopefully someone has an answere for me. Thanks and regards!!!

Cay
For Gracenotes for some reason the Mygig is VERY picky about the media used to when making a disc. I only use Verbatium DVD-R discs burned at the slowest speed available. And only use the .iso file available. The raw files rarely work for some reason. (Sidenote the mygig can not update via the usb)
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AfricaWrangler
Hi All

I tried not to post anything and finding my answer in the previous posts but didnt have any luck.

I recently bought a used Wrangler with MyGig REP, it has version 9.303 installed, after some reading I found download links for updates at
***NEW MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.404*** - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

I dont think it has been updated and I cannot find a lot of info on the REP versions.

I know that I have to go to 9.713 first, then 9.807 and then 2.404.

I downloaded the file NTG4_9.713.zip, will this work on the REP? Because it does not specify for which version it is specifically.
When I extracted it there was a folder named RER_9.713, so now I am not sure if it will work and do not want to test it and then it messes up the whole system.
As far as I understand the 9.713 update came out for REP RER and REW models. Can I just change the CD name to REP_9.713

If someone can assist it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yes the update will work on the RER, REW and REP.... and you are correct on the steps to update.. and you do not need to worry about the name. You can name it "mickey mouse" and it should still work fine.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gracenote update from 518 to 4621

Gracenote update from 518 to 4621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
just did the Gracenote update on my REW radio in my Grand Cherokee 3.0.

Gracenote previously showed 518, which is very old!
Did the update in 2 steps. First I unpacked the 2059 file from the swiss server and burned a dvd (Platinum-DVD) with expressburn. Second dvd with file 4621 same procedure.
After inserting the dvd to the radio it showed "data" and then asked if I want to update from 518 to 2059. The 2059 update took 2,5 hours and not 30min as shown on then REW display. No touching the Radio when the update is in procedure. After the update is loaded, take out the dvd, turn the radio off and lock the car for 10 min. Then the update 4621. Loadingtime 2:40min.

Application is now 2.404 and Gracenote: 4621
REW working excellently!

Hope this helps those guys that are not sure how to update the gracenotepart of the radio.

Last edited by caylander; 06-24-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Serious Error 2201

I performed the upgrade as instructed from 9.665 to 9.713.

The process makes it thru EFS_Apps.efs (about 90% done) then fails gives serious error 2201 and starts in emergency update BOLO mode then restarts the update process.

The CD does not eject, I had to cut the power and remove it manually by opening the system.

I redownloaded the software and tried it again with the same result.

I tried 9.713 and 2.403 and 2.404 all the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Burn the disc at the slowest speed possible using NCH software. Also change the media your using I only use Verbatium discs.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default serious error 2201

Downloaded software will get verbatim discs tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the quick response.

BTW I'm restoring my 67 Euro Mustang, saw you were a Mustang freak too. Had her for longer than my wife, car's older than my wife too. Miss driving her...

Last edited by SoCalCommander; 07-19-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:32 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

FYI for those who either don't have a fast internet connection, skill or time to spend doing this just order from this guy..cheap and works great..full instructions and support!
Plus don't think your saving much doing this yourself...you time is worth something.

Mygig Firmware Update Software Gracenotes Includes iPhone Bluetooth Fix | eBay
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Serious error 2201 still...

Originally Posted by whpony96
Burn the disc at the slowest speed possible using NCH software. Also change the media your using I only use Verbatium discs.
No joy in Mudville today, using all the suggested tools, media formats and downloads and still coming up with Serious Error 2201.

I'm ordering discs on EBay, if that doesn't work, I have the Harman Becker phone number.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SoCalCommander
No joy in Mudville today, using all the suggested tools, media formats and downloads and still coming up with Serious Error 2201.

I'm ordering discs on EBay, if that doesn't work, I have the Harman Becker phone number.

What version is currently installed?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SoCalCommander
Downloaded software will get verbatim discs tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the quick response.

BTW I'm restoring my 67 Euro Mustang, saw you were a Mustang freak too. Had her for longer than my wife, car's older than my wife too. Miss driving her...

Nice! Gotta send me some pics of your baby!

Quick Reply: New MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP v2.403