Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

NO FUSE - Error Message (Resolved)

Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NO FUSE - Error Message (Resolved)

I have been getting a "NO FUSE" Error Message on my JK intermittently for the past 2 days. The original symptoms have been, no Key Fob functionality (cannot lock/arm or unlock/disarm), no power to the radio, slow to engage starter and start, and sticky needles on my guages when turning off Jeep (temp and fuel stay engaged but move at start-up guage test and with proper levels/temp). Has anyone had a problem like this before? Some symptoms seem similar to this issue: Problem with Jeep Not Starting. But there has been no mention of the same error message in that thread or other similar threads. I cannot find the message in the owner's manual. I am concerned that I may end up stranded somewhere if this problem continues. I am suspecting the SKREEM module but it seems weird to lose the power to the stereo too. The alarm still goes off, btw. And before anyone asks, it is not the Key Fob. Any advice or information on this issue would be much appreciated.

Here is a pic:

I called up my dealer and they seem to be pointing at the IOD fuse... now that my engine has cooled off, I am going to check that out.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 05-25-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Now Resolved

Well folks, it was the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) Fuse. I checked it, reseated and it worked. Unseated it and duplicated my problem. I have driven this thing since Jan of 07 so I am a little surprised this was it... Anyway, for those of you who may be wondering, this is a fuse that the dealer pulls while it is sitting on the lot or sitting in transit from the factory that removes all power draw from the battery.

Here it is circled:

Closeup:
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy thanks you very much.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...t-tipm-242762/
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=USAF_GroundRat;1706806][B][COLOR="yellowgreen"]Well folks, it was the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) Fuse. I checked it, reseated and it worked. Unseated it and duplicated my problem. I have driven this thing since Jan of 07 so I am a little surprised this was it... Anyway, for those of you who may be wondering, this is a fuse that the dealer pulls while it is sitting on the lot or sitting in transit from the factory that removes all power draw from the battery.

Thanks USAF GroundRat. Even 2 years after you posted, your thread just helped me out. Somehow that white plastic fuse holder worked its way loose (about 1/4 inch out). I pushed it back in, and bam: like nothing was ever wrong with it. It would've taken me a LOT longer to figure out what "noFuse" meant. Had almost the same exact symptoms as you. Thanks again
Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
[B][COLOR="yellowgreen"]Well folks, it was the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) Fuse. I checked it, reseated and it worked. Unseated it and duplicated my problem. I have driven this thing since Jan of 07 so I am a little surprised this was it... Anyway, for those of you who may be wondering, this is a fuse that the dealer pulls while it is sitting on the lot or sitting in transit from the factory that removes all power draw from the battery.
Just registered to say thank you!

The day I drove my 2009 JK off the Carmax lot, this occurred, but went away the next morning. It seemed fine for a matter of months, but occasionally would pop up again when I would be driving and hit a bump. Lately, it's been happening more often, and the other day the radio/fob activity finally cut out completely.

I was seriously worried it was an electrical wire rubbing against something and making intermittent contact, or similar. I even replaced a different fuse a few weeks ago that I thought was related, which seemed to fix it, but then it had happened again. I thought I was going to be chasing down bundles of cable underneath the fuse box trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

But instead, after seeing this post, I walked out to the garage, popped the hood, pressed down on this fuse to see that it went down about 1/2" and now everything is normal...

So again, thank you!
Old 06-21-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default No fuse

Mine turned out to be M13, the 20 just next to the 60 IOD. hope this helps someone!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Just registered to thank you OP.
Guys, if you are new owner of your car (either new or second-handed), definitely try this.
Mine is a 2013 Jeep compass and the IOD fuse happens to be 7 and 8 in green.
Like other users, pushed it down for about half inch and every symptom's gone. Oh, yeah.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. the solution was spot on!!
Old 03-03-2020, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2011 Jeep Liberty

My dash board indicates No Fuse, I replaced the OCD fuse as was suggested but that did not help. Any other suggestions ? I have no power at all, it will not start or lock and the lights and horn will not work.
Old 03-03-2020, 07:01 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Debbie Mitchell
My dash board indicates No Fuse, I replaced the OCD fuse as was suggested but that did not help. Any other suggestions ? I have no power at all, it will not start or lock and the lights and horn will not work.
Probably a typo, but it's the IOD fuse. Suggest visually checking with a flashlight all fuses with a clear top. Look for melted fusible metal under the clear window.

Quick Reply: NO FUSE - Error Message (Resolved)