Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

No more trail guide gps.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more trail guide gps.

I just looked on the Jeep website and they don't offer the trail guide gps. They now offer the Garmin nuvi 205 and 265. Just fyi. Guess they might become collectors item. LOL!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default makes sense

Makes sense, the Nuvi line is a much more modern, touch screen, smaller package.

I have the 200w for regular road nav, and the interface is superior for inputing long POI names, finding fuel, food, etc. The 200w lacks in that it does not keep a breadcrumb trail. It says you can load Garmin Topo, which I own for another (Avation 396 I also use offroad out west), but I have not tried loading Topo in on the Nuvi.

I thought I read of an 'Oregon' series announced at Garmin's site. This looked like a Nuvi package, but with Topo, and all US roadmaps, and the breadcrumb and other offroad features... this may be the ultimate 'do it all' for us Jeep enthusiasts.

Well, enjoy your Trailguide if you have one... and keep it in nice shape so it can go in the Smithsonian someday

Last edited by rlabbott; 09-12-2008 at 05:05 AM. Reason: syntax
Old 09-12-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the quest line was discontinued from garmin, I don't think they had a choice..

Quick Reply: No more trail guide gps.