Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Oem headlight bulb vs Silverstar?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Upgraded my headlights and fogs to Silverstars. Worth it. Much brighter. They only last I think 1/3 the amount of stock normal bulbs, but changing them ain't that difficult, especially the fogs. Not sure if they make parking signal bulbs.
What I don't like about LEDs are reports that it won't warm the lenses enough to help melt snow when it sticks.
I never had the "snow problem" with my Truck-Lites.
Not to purchase them because the lights run cooler, not enough to melt snow is infantile.
Lamest excuse ever!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbgecko2013
Hey Turbo, what silver stars did u use and did you use the stock housings? Do they light white or pee-yellow like the stock ones?
They are whiter and much brighter than stock. The headlight adjustment made a huge difference too. I did that myself and it is very nice.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Macman1138
I never had the "snow problem" with my Truck-Lites.
Not to purchase them because the lights run cooler, not enough to melt snow is infantile.
Lamest excuse ever!
Not if you live in a place where you get REAL snow. PA is not real snow. Newfoundland gets REAL snow. we measure our snow fall in yards!

its sticky crap too. my stock headlights heat up enough to melt it, people who have trucklites say they dont. big issue for me.

Calling people infantile, now thats lame!

Quick Reply: Oem headlight bulb vs Silverstar?