OTRATTW Switches - Page 2 - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

OTRATTW Switches

Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
  #11  
Vin
JK Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To my surprise, my switch arrived today. I have nothing but praise for OTRATHW.
Vin is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 PM
  #12  
JK Enthusiast
 
Ten2ndNova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same here. Fantastic customer service. Excellent switches and covers
Ten2ndNova is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 AM
  #13  
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBER, alaska
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

They even threw in 2 rockers for me to practice sanding on, which is great for me I'll have to dig out my sharpy.. Anyone got pictures with them in the A pillar? I'm curious to see some..
Forma is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
  #14  
JK Newbie
 
Phunkeydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

So I got my switch pod and rockers and did a little write up on my steps. Maybe this will help some others. I love my custom switches!

Installing Contura V Laser Etched Rockers In A Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch Pod.


Step 1 - Cut openings for switches in switch pod. Use tool of your choice. Score cut lines with an utility knife or if you have a steady hand, a dremel with a small cutting disk makes easy work of it.
Step 2 - Decide the order of your switches from top to bottom. Slide switches partially into openings.
Step 3 - You will observe that the rockers on the switches are thicker in the center so they push on each other not allowing them to properly mount in the openings on switch pod.
Step 4 - Remove the rockers from the switch bases using the special rocker tool.
Step 5 - Push switch bases into switch pod until they click and lock into place. They should be flush and evenly lined up.
Step 6 - Sand the edges of the rockers down. Focus on the center of the edge of the rocker as this is the area that causes them not to flush mount on top of each other. Starting with your bottom rocker, work your way up one by one. Note that the bottom rocker will only be sanded on its top edge, the two middle rockers with have both edged sanded and the top rocker will only have its bottom edge sanded.
Step 7 - Once you have sanded all edges of the rockers, test fitting as you go along, use a black sharpie marker to color in the white sanded edges.
Step 8 - Pop all your rockers onto switch bases until they click into place. Now your ready to install the switch pod in your Jeep following the Rugged Ridge instructions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3615844451.jpg
Views:	2313
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	336304   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2678132238.jpg
Views:	2569
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	336305   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1499964021.jpg
Views:	2322
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	336306   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1481276125.jpg
Views:	2389
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	336307   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2354132219.jpg
Views:	2404
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	336308  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-260479655.jpg
Views:	2457
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	336309   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3265557915.jpg
Views:	2644
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	336310   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1451844040.jpg
Views:	2228
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	336311   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1174952000.jpg
Views:	2234
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	336312   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3741334392.jpg
Views:	2265
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	336313  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3718905082.jpg
Views:	2372
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	336314   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1946482873.jpg
Views:	2312
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	336315   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-921996809.jpg
Views:	2275
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	336316   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3958863564.jpg
Views:	2632
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	336317  
Phunkeydude is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Phunkeydude For This Useful Post:
Alextorello (08-30-2018)
Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 AM
  #15  
JK Newbie
 
Phunkeydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hooked up. Amber lights up with ignition on. Green lights up when switch is on.
Zombie Targeting = long range spot
Zombie Apocalypse = wide angle floods
Anti-Gravity = Rock lights
Back up! = rear floods
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-171636892.jpg
Views:	1711
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	336718   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1947995874.jpg
Views:	2040
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	336719  

Last edited by Phunkeydude; 07-03-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Phunkeydude is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  #16  
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBER, alaska
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude View Post
So I got my switch pod and rockers and did a little write up on my steps. Maybe this will help some others. I love my custom switches!

Installing Contura V Laser Etched Rockers In A Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch Pod.


Step 1 - Cut openings for switches in switch pod. Use tool of your choice. Score cut lines with an utility knife or if you have a steady hand, a dremel with a small cutting disk makes easy work of it.
Step 2 - Decide the order of your switches from top to bottom. Slide switches partially into openings.
Step 3 - You will observe that the rockers on the switches are thicker in the center so they push on each other not allowing them to properly mount in the openings on switch pod.
Step 4 - Remove the rockers from the switch bases using the special rocker tool.
Step 5 - Push switch bases into switch pod until they click and lock into place. They should be flush and evenly lined up.
Step 6 - Sand the edges of the rockers down. Focus on the center of the edge of the rocker as this is the area that causes them not to flush mount on top of each other. Starting with your bottom rocker, work your way up one by one. Note that the bottom rocker will only be sanded on its top edge, the two middle rockers with have both edged sanded and the top rocker will only have its bottom edge sanded.
Step 7 - Once you have sanded all edges of the rockers, test fitting as you go along, use a black sharpie marker to color in the white sanded edges.
Step 8 - Pop all your rockers onto switch bases until they click into place. Now your ready to install the switch pod in your Jeep following the Rugged Ridge instructions.
Wow great write up and thanks for the pictures that is nothing but pure awesomeness, love the choice of switches btw. Soon as i get home from this deployment i'm pretty sure first thing is getting them switches cut... Now i have a refrence too look at when i get back. Thanks for that bro
Forma is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  #17  
JK Newbie
 
Phunkeydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Forma

Wow great write up and thanks for the pictures that is nothing but pure awesomeness, love the choice of switches btw. Soon as i get home from this deployment i'm pretty sure first thing is getting them switches cut... Now i have a refrence too look at when i get back. Thanks for that bro
No problem. Figured someone would find it useful.

Thanks for serving our country! Be safe! Look forward to seeing you switch set up once you get back.
Phunkeydude is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
  #18  
JK Enthusiast
 
antonioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phunkeydude View Post
Hooked up. Amber lights up with ignition on. Green lights up when switch is on.
Zombie Targeting = long range spot
Zombie Apocalypse = wide angle floods
Anti-Gravity = Rock lights
Back up! = rear floods
How did you wire up your amber lights? to the fuse box? or off the control for all the interior lights?
antonioso is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
  #19  
JK Freak
 
ricksjeep10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: naples,florida
Posts: 629
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Great job Phunkydude! excellent write up. Will help me when I'm ready to install my lights!
ricksjeep10 is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
  #20  
JK Newbie
 
Phunkeydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by antonioso

How did you wire up your amber lights? to the fuse box? or off the control for all the interior lights?
I just used the "12 Volt Power Adapter" wire harness from Q_____tec to tap the aux power plug in the front dash that is ignition switched. Then ran wire over to switches for power. Since the amber LEDs aren't overly bright, I did not need to connect them to a dimmer switch. They don't distract or blind me while on in the dark. The switches come with a wire diagram for the 5 prongs to let you know which prongs are for which LEDs. 2 for amber and 3 for green that control the lights. You can get the rocker switches with several different color combos and configuration.
Phunkeydude is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Phunkeydude For This Useful Post:
Alextorello (08-30-2018)

Quick Reply: OTRATTW Switches


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: