Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pac Harness...what is this wire??

Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pac Harness...what is this wire??

Trying to connect the wires to the pac harness and the harness of my new radio. The pac harness has a red wire with white stripe that is called P.B. OUTPUT (-). What is this wire for?

I also have one solid brown wire coming off the radio harness that is labeled TEL MUTING. Are these two wires supposed to be connected? I want to make sure and cannot find any information online or here on the forum.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget it....the wire is PARKING BRAKE (PB)....uh Im embarrased.

Still have a question though....on my head units harness, the BROWN TEL MUTING wire....where do I hook this up? Or do I just leave it out. My head unit is a JVC-KW-AVX820. It has built in blue tooth so Im thinking I dont even need this wire. Im ASSUMING the fact that the unit has built in bluetooth for the phone that it will automatically mute the stereo when a call comes in.

Thanks again.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbad323
Forget it....the wire is PARKING BRAKE (PB)....uh Im embarrased.

Still have a question though....on my head units harness, the BROWN TEL MUTING wire....where do I hook this up? Or do I just leave it out. My head unit is a JVC-KW-AVX820. It has built in blue tooth so Im thinking I dont even need this wire. Im ASSUMING the fact that the unit has built in bluetooth for the phone that it will automatically mute the stereo when a call comes in.

Thanks again.
I thought it was PEANUT BUTTER!!!!

Quick Reply: Pac Harness...what is this wire??