Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Parrot MyGiG

Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 PM
RLandis

Default Parrot MyGiG

Now that the disappointing word is getting out regarding the MyGiG not having UConnect capabliities (which was confirmed @the dealer I visited today), has anyone researched adding aftermarket bluetooth, such as Parrot? I went to one website regarding Parrot where it said that it won't work in a vehicle w/optical wiring (does the '07 Wrangler use that?).....

There are other companies besides Parrot.....does anyone have any info? If I had to spend a few more $$$ to get bluetooth to work w/MyGiG, I'd rather go that route than a whole aftermarket system.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better idea:

Get a Tom Tom 910 (or similar GPS unit). It has Bluetooth AND a 20gb harddrive (12 free gigs to download songs). That is what I am planning to do. That way I have navigation, bluetooth and eliminate the need to find a place for my IPOD.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 PM
RLandis

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
Better idea:

Get a Tom Tom 910 (or similar GPS unit). It has Bluetooth AND a 20gb harddrive (12 free gigs to download songs). That is what I am planning to do. That way I have navigation, bluetooth and eliminate the need to find a place for my IPOD.
Not bad.....tell me, how do you get out of ITunes and into the TomTom? Also, is there a way to make it dim the radio when using the phone?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default parrot

I researched parrpt products today and they seemed to have high ratings, except for people that ried to use them with convertibles. I have come to the conclusion that it might not be worth the investment if you will be using the product a lot with top off. parrot.com is a good website, then google reviews.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RLandis
Not bad.....tell me, how do you get out of ITunes and into the TomTom? Also, is there a way to make it dim the radio when using the phone?
The Tom Tom is portable so all you do is hook it up to your computer and download away. As for the connection to the radio, I believe you can use the same type of connection that you use with an ipod and plug in directly to the aux jack.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:07 PM
RLandis

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
As for the connection to the radio, I believe you can use the same type of connection that you use with an ipod and plug in directly to the aux jack.
I'm don't think you can hook up the output of the TomTom to the aux input, but I may be wrong.....I HOPE I'm wrong.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm don't think you can hook up the output of the TomTom to the aux input, but I may be wrong.....I HOPE I'm wrong.
You are wrong (and that's a good thing), the Tom Tom 910 has an audio cable that you would plug into the AUX port on your radio.

This is currently the best solution for the JK (in my opinion)

Even more features than the MyGig, portable and cheaper.

~chewy
Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

You should be able to convert your ITunes library to MP3 files... then transfer those files just like any other...

Quick Reply: Parrot MyGiG