Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer AppRadio Headend

Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
They would have to go through a lot of trouble to rip one out. They are bolted in behind the face panel which is also bolted in. Or screwed rather

I live near chicago. I have seen it all. I even had a bumper stolen off a work truck.

Yes, a bumper. they went through all the trouble to unbolt it.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrmikey32
I live near chicago. I have seen it all. I even had a bumper stolen off a work truck. Yes, a bumper. they went through all the trouble to unbolt it.
Lol. Hey I didn't say it couldn't happen or didn't happen. Just seems like a lot of trouble. I do however have an aftermarket remote start/alarm that is set very sensitive and alerts my keychain. Lol.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a decent radio for the money.... but will make audiophiles run for the hills.

Android works fine.

And to ever believes the JK radio is difficult to pull, you must have never done it.... as I have never seen a radio so easy to remove. Six 7mm bolts and about a minute and it's down the street. If the thief forgot his nut driver, well, he could probably brute force it out in less time.

Not sure of the model numbers.... but I think that 100 is last years version. Current 2xx (w/dvd) version can be had at Amazon for 350.... that's what I had the local Best Buy match it to.

If you get the radio and use Android.... go to XDA and download ARUnchained.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABENDX
And to ever believes the JK radio is difficult to pull, you must have never done it.... as I have never seen a radio so easy to remove.
Must not have had a car back in the day, when all you needed was basically a coat hanger, or the like
Stick it in the dash and pull!

If you get the radio and use Android.... go to XDA and download ARUnchained.
Holy Jesus I wish I could "upvote" this post

Last edited by Namtaru; 01-15-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Namtaru
Must not have had a car back in the day, when all you needed was basically a coat hanger, or the like
Stick it in the dash and pull!
Okay, okay... maybe not that easy.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2626280754.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	524033

Got the AppRadio 2 installed today. Great radio works with the iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 perfectly. Of course you need an adapter to hook the 5 up but luckily mine came with both cables for only $100 doll hairs! I believe this radio has the best screen of any car stereo I've seen. I would recommend finding a SPH DA100 Appradio 2 on eBay. Does exactly what the New Appradio 3 does with out the built in Navigation & CD player at a fraction of the cost. Of course you can still use your Navigation with your phone on the Appradio 2 & who listens to CDs anymore anyways. Lol
Old 01-16-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Attachment 524033

Got the AppRadio 2 installed today. Great radio works with the iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 perfectly. Of course you need an adapter to hook the 5 up but luckily mine came with both cables for only $100 doll hairs! I believe this radio has the best screen of any car stereo I've seen. I would recommend finding a SPH DA100 Appradio 2 on eBay. Does exactly what the New Appradio 3 does with out the built in Navigation & CD player at a fraction of the cost. Of course you can still use your Navigation with your phone on the Appradio 2 & who listens to CDs anymore anyways. Lol

Navigation? Who listens to CDs? Exactly the same?

lol.

I don't believe the 3 has navigation. Maybe a GPS antenna is what you are thinking.... ah yes, the 3 does have that. Why important.... well, using internal GPS is a huge drain on your battery and many phones can't keep up with charging while GPS, music streaming, and screen are all on. Removing the need for GPS will solve that issue.

I believe CDs are still pretty hot sellers. While you might have moved away from them, many haven't. They still sell cassette decks.... must be a reason. Also, you get a DVD player... some old folk still use those as well.

Exactly the same.... I am pretty sure the 3 includes items like A2DP. That might be a little important to those young'ins and their newfangled Bluetooth streaming. Does the 2 support Mirrorlink? Might be a little important to those Android users and let's not forget about the iPhone 5 users and their new fangled talky things.... you know, that Siri stuff. IDK what it means exactly as I don't do Apple, but it sounds like something special.... my fave feature with this radio is using Google Voice/Search to control most everything.

IDK.... the 3 seems like a worthy upgrade to the 2. Not sure enough to move from the 2 to the 3, but starting fresh, why would one want the 2 when the 3 is out?

I'm sure you'll have fun and be happy with the 2.... but let's not just call it the same thing as the 3.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Navigation? Who listens to CDs? Exactly the same? lol. I don't believe the 3 has navigation. Maybe a GPS antenna is what you are thinking.... ah yes, the 3 does have that. Why important.... well, using internal GPS is a huge drain on your battery and many phones can't keep up with charging while GPS, music streaming, and screen are all on. Removing the need for GPS will solve that issue. I believe CDs are still pretty hot sellers. While you might have moved away from them, many haven't. They still sell cassette decks.... must be a reason. Also, you get a DVD player... some old folk still use those as well. Exactly the same.... I am pretty sure the 3 includes items like A2DP. That might be a little important to those young'ins and their newfangled Bluetooth streaming. Does the 2 support Mirrorlink? Might be a little important to those Android users and let's not forget about the iPhone 5 users and their new fangled talky things.... you know, that Siri stuff. IDK what it means exactly as I don't do Apple, but it sounds like something special.... my fave feature with this radio is using Google Voice/Search to control most everything. IDK.... the 3 seems like a worthy upgrade to the 2. Not sure enough to move from the 2 to the 3, but starting fresh, why would one want the 2 when the 3 is out? I'm sure you'll have fun and be happy with the 2.... but let's not just call it the same thing as the 3.
Seriously,

ATTACH]524128[/ATTACH]

Not worth paying $399 or $499 if you can get an Appradio 2 for $100 off eBay. My iPhone 5 works fine & I don't use CDs anymore. If you jailbreak your iPhone you can use the mirror link off Cydia. I thought the 3 actually had Navigation but it doesn't so even more reason to get a used 2 & it's sounds like you don't know so I'll let you on on a secret when you plug your iPhone up to the Appradio it charges it no problem with keeping up while on a charger. Stop trying to be a douch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2762369993.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	524128  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bad pic

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5fqv7Kndi...Untitled+3.png
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SF Nick
Seriously,

ATTACH]524128[/ATTACH]

Not worth paying $399 or $499 if you can get an Appradio 2 for $100 off eBay. My iPhone 5 works fine & I don't use CDs anymore. If you jailbreak your iPhone you can use the mirror link off Cydia. I thought the 3 actually had Navigation but it doesn't so even more reason to get a used 2 & it's sounds like you don't know so I'll let you on on a secret when you plug your iPhone up to the Appradio it charges it no problem with keeping up while on a charger. Stop trying to be a douch

Obviously you didn't read anything I wrote other than enough to get your dick tied in a wad around your g-string. AppRadio 3 is available all day for 350.

You clearly don't understand the reasons a external GPS antenna are beneficial. Seems to me taking advice from someone that doesn't understand the tech is simply ludicrous.

You ignored other benefits (that were pointed out and not) and clearly do not fall into the majority that are still enjoying DVDs and CDs.

I often come across as a d-bag on this site.... although seeming always pointed out by the WOG injected robots. You blew your load all over yourself for what.... my attempt in point out the facts? Cause and effect seems clear to me, as factual information and the ability to think for one's self seems absent in these folks. You know... another group I know of works on emotion and clearly, they are out of their minds for that few days a month. Maybe I caught you on your cycle... if so, disregard.... you'll feel better in a few days.

If you are into saving coin.... great, but don't attempt to convince others you got the same exact thing when you got last years model with last years feature set.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AppRadio Headend