Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer AVIC-D3

Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVIC-D3

Hello,

Has anyone ever installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in a 2008 or 07 jeep Wrangler with the infinity system?

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 but it will not fit into the radio cavity. It is saying online that cavity modifications are required. I was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of what needs to be removed or cut out to install this radio. I just dont want to cut or remove the wrong parts.

The radio seems to be hitting the metal radio support but it doesnt look like it can be removed? t

thanx
Old 03-15-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a square plate in the back of the radio cavity. You have to cut the top off of it. It is made of a mild steel alloy. It is only held in by two bolts. The ends of the metal are curled to make it stronger. At the top corners is a place where the brace is thin and not curled. Cut across there at a 45 degree angle. You only have to remove the top cross member. A hacksaw will go through it it three passes. Most people cut theirs in the dash but I removed mine completely and reinstalled it.

The pic is of the top bace that I cut out.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0159.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	20783  

Last edited by Vernnz; 03-15-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-D3