Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power door locks- wiring issues

Old 03-24-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door locks- wiring issues

Allright, I've posted this once before, but didnt get a lot of feedback, gonna try again:
I installed aftermarket power door locks two years ago. Everything works great, however I'm having some problems with the wiring kinking and breaking. I've tried different guages and types of single strand wire, and then tried some flexible 3-conductor SO cord, which work much better. Still broke after 8 months or so.

Anyone know of a better alternative, like some type of flexible "catapillar" conductor? The way the doors opens and closes, it will take something that allows for repetative bending. Help- I'm tired of fixing this over and over...
Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danopearce
Allright, I've posted this once before, but didnt get a lot of feedback, gonna try again:
I installed aftermarket power door locks two years ago. Everything works great, however I'm having some problems with the wiring kinking and breaking. I've tried different guages and types of single strand wire, and then tried some flexible 3-conductor SO cord, which work much better. Still broke after 8 months or so.

Anyone know of a better alternative, like some type of flexible "catapillar" conductor? The way the doors opens and closes, it will take something that allows for repetative bending. Help- I'm tired of fixing this over and over...
What have you been using?
Look at this:
http://www.awcwire.com/ProductSpec.aspx?id=Flexible-Power-Control-Cable-Colored-Conductors

Last edited by JK-Ford; 03-24-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Power door locks- wiring issues