Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power window switch light....problem!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine went out too. As did my AC button.

Did anybody ever end up with a Part #?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem with both lights burned out in the window switch and A/C switch. The lights are actually small surface mount incandescent bulbs (who uses those anymore?) that used to backlight the switches. I removed the switch assembly and wired some bright green LEDs to the lighting circuit in the switch and now they are lit up again. I haven't had the time to take the climate module apart to get to the A/C backlight, but I would be willing to bet that it is the same type of bulb.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any effective pics of the mod - I will try to make some sketches to describe what was done and post them later if anyone is interested. The parts consist of two hi-bright surface mount green LEDs and a 220 ohm surface mount resistor.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default Is there anywhere I can get a manual on the JK

Originally Posted by BHawks4Life
Yep my pass side light went out. You need to replace the entire switch module. I believe it was around $40. Easy to replace though.
Is there anywhere I can get a manual on how to change this or where it is located in the JK. I am new to working on cars
Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK mine went out and I was able to install 4 of these blue LEDs and now all 4 switches are back-lit it at night.

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5326 (Large).jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	305097  
Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

This is nice, Real Nice!https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/imag...lies/clap2.gif
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
OK mine went out and I was able to install 4 of these blue LEDs and now all 4 switches are back-lit it at night.

Tiny Prewired Super Bright Surface Mount LEDs - 12V DIY Plug and Play SMT LED
@whpony96 - That's a cool fix. Do you have pics of how you did the install for the leds? Do the leds still dim when the interior lights are dimmed? Also how did you make it so the back ones light up?
My driver side recently went out and I've just started to look into either replacing it or doing something like you did.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: Power window switch light....problem!!!