Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with A/C

Old 08-14-2021, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with A/C

I've recently began to have a problem with my Jeep Wrangler 2014, where it would take the A/C system about 20 seconds after ignition to begin blowing air. On the HVAC control module, the light on the right control dial would be flashing. I read that this was probably an issue with the memory on the HVAC control module, so I bought a new one from Morris 4x4 and installed it. It still does the same problem and won't blow air immediately. I don't know whether the HVAC module I received is faulty, but now they won't accept the return because I already installed it. If any user can provide help, I will greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:15 AM
RwH
JK Newbie

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I had an issue similar to this recently. I had a bad blend door actuator. it was the fresh air/recirc door if i remember correctly, the one behind the glovebox. It was stripped out so i disconnected it until i was able to get in there and replace it(not fun by the way). While the little actuator was disconnected, it would do the same thing you're describing, with the blinking and taking a while to kick in. I ended up replacing 3 total door actuators when all said and done. It starting working as advertised when the doors were reconnected and it was able to run a good self-test. My guess, is that you may have a bad door actuator somewhere causing it to fail a initial self test. I dont know this for sure, but that was my experience. good luck.

Last edited by RwH; 10-13-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Problem with A/C