Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Programmed Key-- Interior light issue

Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmed Key-- Interior light issue

I programmed my remoted key so when I press unlock it will do all doors at once, programmed this with no issues, BUT now when I open the door the interior light will not turn on, I had to turn the control lever to a setting I have never used, What did I do wrong, check out photo for the lever control settings before and after programming
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01416.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	3989   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01417.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3990  
Old 10-31-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure what you did as far as programming is, but I can tell you the "before" picture is the always off mode. The light should never turn on at that setting.

The second "after" photo is daytime mode. This should keep the interior lights at maximum brightness when the headlights are on. Useful when you want your headlights on in the day but dont want your interior lights dimmed. The one notch below that is the always on mode.

Sounds like you might have misprogrammed it.

Quick Reply: Programmed Key-- Interior light issue