Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Quadratec LED headlights

Old 03-03-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadratec LED headlights

Just installed the new Quad. LED headlight upgrade and i'm not as thrilled as I wanted to be. I had been running HID bulb in stock housing (aimed down as much as I could) and got tired of that horrible beam pattern. The Quad lights are really good looking and simple as hell to drop in but the beam pattern is pretty blotchy to say the least. For me, and I know that means my jeep, there is a big hot spot in the middle right...like the left headlight is aligned too far right of center...but either way there is a large blotch of almost spot light. I know reflectors will create artifacts etc..and a projector is the way to go..but if spending that kind of cash I wanted a descent warranty.

Anyone else here install them and find them to be eh?
Thanks all.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd have to think Quad isn't making their own brand of headlight and they're rebranding from KC or Trucklites instead--but I'm not sure on that. In that case, the beam patterns are generally acceptable (Trucklite more with a visible "X" at distance).

Since you've done some adjusting to the stock housings, first I'd look at making sure you have everything properly re-adjusted to stock settings.

And, moreso than just looking at the beam pattern on an empty road, try to look at what's being lit in the foreground and the quality of that.

My trucklites are deceptive--sometimes it doesn't look like they're putting much light down on the road in certain places (blotchy), but when something reflects light back at me in the foreground, oh my god it's bright.

It could just be that you're used to the flood of an HID bulb in a stock halogen housing.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I'd have to think Quad isn't making their own brand of headlight and they're rebranding from KC or Trucklites instead--but I'm not sure on that. In that case, the beam patterns are generally acceptable (Trucklite more with a visible "X" at distance).

Since you've done some adjusting to the stock housings, first I'd look at making sure you have everything properly re-adjusted to stock settings.

And, moreso than just looking at the beam pattern on an empty road, try to look at what's being lit in the foreground and the quality of that.

My trucklites are deceptive--sometimes it doesn't look like they're putting much light down on the road in certain places (blotchy), but when something reflects light back at me in the foreground, oh my god it's bright.

It could just be that you're used to the flood of an HID bulb in a stock halogen housing.
The truck lite X is not visible at distance. Only on up close objects. The Quadratec is a rebranded ANZO light. I have a friend who runs the anzo, and I think that the truck lite puts out much better light than them.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
The truck lite X is not visible at distance. Only on up close objects.
I disagree. Highly noticeable almost 100% of the time driving, and for me was ridiculously distracting . I had my CC in hand many nights to buy them but wanted to see them in person firsthand, thank god I did and saved me big money. Would rather run stock lights over trucklites... no joke
Old 03-06-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Peterson LED headlights. I was having some issues with the spotty patterns. I installed the horizontal adjustment screws and messed around with the aiming numerous times. I now have them perfectly where I want them.
I read if you do the same with both the trucklits and qtecs you can eliminate the x and hotspot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3176697696.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	600020  
Old 03-08-2015, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess mine are aimed right. I have NO x or hotspots with mine. Just awesome even light. The only time I see the X is when I pull up behind someone, or I pull front on into my garage door.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Quadratec LEDs and love them.

There are two hot spots it seems - both next to each other in the very center - one per bulb in my observation and more noticeable on low beams than high. I don't find it distracting, as they are directly in front of the jeep and function almost like a mini spot in the very center - otherwise the surrounding lighting is excellent. On flat roads, it's not even noticeable.

I've been using them for the better part of six months.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
The truck lite X is not visible at distance. Only on up close objects. The Quadratec is a rebranded ANZO light. I have a friend who runs the anzo, and I think that the truck lite puts out much better light than them.
Hmm...I'd disagree here. The X is distant for me, and I'm using factory aim/adjustment.

Either way, the artifact doesn't bother me, but I know for some people it does.

Quick Reply: Quadratec LED headlights