Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable

Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Have you tried another iPod by chance? I know I'm grasping at straws, but trying to help.
I've got two, both video iPods, and nothing. This time around I've only tried the 80 gig one, I'll try the older one and see if that does the trick. Hopefully something will work.

By the way, for those of you who upgraded to the MyGig w/iPod did any of you have a single or six disc with uConnect enabled? I'm wondering if when they flashed my Jeep if that had anything to do with it. I wouldn't think so, but I'm at a loss as to what could be the issue.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

SaharaBlack: I have the single disk el cheapo (RES) with the uconnect module. Never have been able to get it to work with the iPhone!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
I've got two, both video iPods, and nothing. This time around I've only tried the 80 gig one, I'll try the older one and see if that does the trick. Hopefully something will work.

By the way, for those of you who upgraded to the MyGig w/iPod did any of you have a single or six disc with uConnect enabled? I'm wondering if when they flashed my Jeep if that had anything to do with it. I wouldn't think so, but I'm at a loss as to what could be the issue.
Yeah, mine had a six disc with StarScan enabled UConnect, so I don't think that's your problem. We gotta have a pow-wow with your radio and figure this out
Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, mine had a six disc with StarScan enabled UConnect, so I don't think that's your problem. We gotta have a pow-wow with your radio and figure this out
lol Then I'm officially out of ideas. I'm about to go down and plug a different iPod in to see if that has any effect on it, but I'm just scratching my head I can't figure it out. I'll have to take you guys up on the offer one of these days and pull the MyGig out and plug yours in to my JK and mine into yours and see if the iPod icon shows up on either. If it shows up in my Jeep it's definitely a cable, but 3 bad ones seems beyond weird, especially since they allow everything else to work properly.

Oh, one last idea. Do you guys have "enable disc use" checked on your iPod? I have that checked on mine, so that I can upload the music to the MyGig but I can't imagine it would know that or that it would cause an issue.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Nothing doing. I even went into the engineering menu and set the MyGig back to stock, which only served to erase my songs, presets and phone. I was expecting that, but sort of hoped that it might then recognize the cable. Last thing to do is to pull the head unit and swap in someone's that works and put mine in theirs to see if it's the head unit or something in the cables on mine.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of Harmon Becker to pick their brains, let me know. I looked at their site, but it didn't have any contact info that I could find.

Thanks again all.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Now I do not know if it would make a difference, but I do NOT have the "enable disk use" option set on mine. Maybe worth a try for the heck of it?
Old 05-23-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Now I do not know if it would make a difference, but I do NOT have the "enable disk use" option set on mine. Maybe worth a try for the heck of it?
Interesting. At this point, what can it hurt to try. lol I'll give this a shot. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable