Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable

Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable

I am in the process of upgrading to a MyGig from a RES with uconnect iPod BT adapter. I want the backup camera, "on the move" NAV input etc. that the Lockpick device offers. I will miss the control of my iPod if it can't be used with this setup. I called the Coastal Tech tech today and aaa... well he was friendly but aaa.... well useless. I described the situation (a number of times) and he just kept repeating "we do not test our device with all of the cables out there" So before I spend ANOTHER $80 for a cable which will not work with my system does anyone know the answer to this question. ie

If the RER MyGig system is working and controlling an iPod via the MOPAR cable (part no. 82211853) can you add the Lockpick device and continue to have control of the iPod?

Hope someone else has tried this, and thanks for the help.

Last edited by Fathom; 05-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I just asked this too.

iPod cable into MyGig, Lockpick into iPod Cable, Factory harness into Lockpick. They will all work together. Unfortunately I recieved a dud of a cable so I had to reorder it and now I wait again. Lucky me.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Sorry Sahara black. I saw your thread too late. I tried to edit out my thread but couldn't find the delete button. Guess I better read up in the HELP section.
Really glad it seems to work, now all I have to do is get ahold of an '09 RER. Turning out to be a bit of a chore, and a little scary out there on ebay. I guess I could just shell out the 2K and stop worrying about it!
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fathom
Sorry Sahara black. I saw your thread too late. I tried to edit out my thread but couldn't find the delete button. Guess I better read up in the HELP section.
Really glad it seems to work, now all I have to do is get ahold of an '09 RER. Turning out to be a bit of a chore, and a little scary out there on ebay. I guess I could just shell out the 2K and stop worrying about it!
lol Took me a while to find one as well. No need to shell out 2k. MR.CD1 sells them for 1k, but that was even too pricey for my blood. If you're willing to wait you can usually get lucky and get one between 600-750. Not cheap, but better than 1k.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

sounds like you've already got your answer, but I'll chime in anyways.

Yes.

I got my RER on ebay, whopping 800 with 200 cash back via microsoft's cashback deal (gotta use buy it now option and paypal).

Anyways, apparently it came out of an 09, though I thought it was an 08 at first.

I've got the mopar micorphone 82211743 for bluetooth connection to phone
and mopar 82211853 for my iPod adapter to RER.

I recently bought the lockpick on ebay for roughly $215, and it came with the media harness, which allows for add'l aux inputs, 2 cameras, etc.

I've wired it so that the lockpick portions are closest to the radio. In other words, I've got the lockpick plugged into the radio, the microphone and the ipod plugged into the lockpick, and the jeeps harness plugged into all that.

I just got my backup camera in the mail yesterday (other one should be in today) (again, from ebay for roughly $22 each... which is why i bought two diff styles).

I'll be doing some wiring this weekend to get cameras plugged in... just gotta figure out which one to use, and where to mount.

Feel free to email me with questions (PM is full right now).

I'll see if I can get some schematics up later this week if y'all want, as well as some pics.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Based on Eaglemikeo's way of plugging it in it sounds like you can do it either way, so long as the factory harness is last in the order. I'd definitely like to see some pics of how you did it eagle. Plus the more info out there the better for the next people to come along.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

My Radio is supposed to be here on Thursday, iPod cable cable and mic came today, and my camera and Lockpick are already here as well. I'll see if I can document my install this weekend. I'm also adding some rear headrest monitors as well
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
My Radio is supposed to be here on Thursday, iPod cable cable and mic came today, and my camera and Lockpick are already here as well. I'll see if I can document my install this weekend. I'm also adding some rear headrest monitors as well
08RubiUnlimited,
same offer I made to SaharaBlackNo1, well, if you get stuck, or want any tips, send me an email and I'll shoot you my ph #.

Front Royal isn't too bad of a drive, and if the weather is nice, I'd really enjoy the trip!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Talking Whew!!!!!!!!!!!! Major plunge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's done did! Won an e-bay auction for a new RER 82211860AB (please don't ask bid as I am ashamed, it was tooooooo high). Burst my bubble if you must but if the seller was honest this should be the '09 replacement HU so I should be able to control my iPod from the HU. Also ordered a Mopar mike kit, iPod cable, Nav antenna, and the whole Lockpick package including one Coastal Tech camera. With just a little luck should have a working system within two weeks time.

(Now if the iPhone just syncs upright )
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fathom
Well it's done did! Won an e-bay auction for a new RER 82211860AB (please don't ask bid as I am ashamed, it was tooooooo high). Burst my bubble if you must but if the seller was honest this should be the '09 replacement HU so I should be able to control my iPod from the HU. Also ordered a Mopar mike kit, iPod cable, Nav antenna, and the whole Lockpick package including one Coastal Tech camera. With just a little luck should have a working system within two weeks time.

(Now if the iPhone just syncs upright )

Edit, never mind. I see that's the actual PN. I guess I'm just used to seeing the 5064739A(ABCD).

And congrats on the purchase by the way.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 05-06-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Question re: '09 MyGig, Lockpick, and Mopar iPod Cable