Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Replace just 6 1/2" stock speakers?

Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker92
Thx

Did you replace yours with the Polk's or another brand?

Did you replace all 4?
If so, how much of a difference did you notice from the (under) dash?
No i have not replaced the under dash speakers but will soon, just need enough time for an install there is a write up here of how to do it but seems a bit fiddly, i will presume though that they will sound a lot better as the speakers are in boxes.

and yes i am using Polks. Also you may want to fill the soundbar with poly foam or some stufing from a pillow case as they are quite bright sounding.

here is a great link for the front removal.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=removal

good luck and enjoy

Last edited by artpics; 05-16-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the polks in all 4 locations. They do sound good but like he said they take about a month or so to break in. I put them in back in Feb. and til this day I still notice the sound gets briter. I also added some poly fil in the 4 locations, it deffinatly makes a difference. You can use the regular polks no need to get the slims.

Quick Reply: Replace just 6 1/2" stock speakers?