Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rewire to power Help. Should I go to infinty will im at it?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rewire to power Help. Should I go to infinty will im at it?

Ok, Bought a 10 sport Unlimited. I am looking at adding Power Windows and Door Locks. I am adding the Rubicon chassis harness too for lockers down the road.

Question 1.
Is it worth it to add the Infinity Amp? I do like the quality of the infinity. An as for the sub, where can i get the hardware to mount it.

I will already have dash out wiring light bar, fuse panel, sirus antenna, and dash harness.

Question 2.
What all would I need to have keyless working?

I know all the stuff for doors, but under the dash I have no clue.

Question 3.
I have a 2010, could I use an older harness for dash and body?

I was thinking, out of a low mileage wreck.

Question 4.
What will I need to do at the dealer to make all these mods work.

I have a friend that will flash it for me for free.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure about the wiring.. but I do know you will have to obtain a WCM (wireless control module) for the remote keyfob entry.. in fact if you are an automatic buy the WCM that includes the remote starter.....

you then have to get that WCM star-scanned into service

be careful taking your dashboard apart.. the plastic pieces and panels scratch VERY EASILY!!

-Christopher
Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am looken at that. It would be nice to have remote start. It is a auto with the insturment cluster package. I talked to local dealer and they gave me part numbers for a jeep that has most every thing i want. but when i run the part numbers i get nothing. My plan is in stages. Now if I could find someone who wants to down grade away from power i would love to swap them what parts I could. I am thinking about listing it for WTT.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you might try contacting wyckoff parts here on the forum.. they do a lot with accessory upgrades and such... thats where i bought my U-connect module and will get my remote start module when my new jeep comes in..

the power group adds a lot of wiring to the Jeep... there are wires going into every door... your center dash plate is different, the door panels themselves are different.. im sure the door skinds are thje same but will need to add motors and actuators and probably new regulators for the windows...

the TPIM should be the same.. you will have to poke some wires into the connectors. im not sure that the core jeep wiring harness isnt different......

the upgraded cluster is standard on all variants now.. as are fog lights...

was there no power equipped jeeps when you got yours?? on a 2 door its only a $600 option.. but you will surely have over $1000 in parts or more by the time you convert it over...

maybe you can look into talking to daveys jeep and see if he has one that was wiped out that you can use as a donor vehicle for parts...

-Christopher
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
you might try contacting wyckoff parts here on the forum.. they do a lot with accessory upgrades and such... thats where i bought my U-connect module and will get my remote start module when my new jeep comes in..

the power group adds a lot of wiring to the Jeep... there are wires going into every door... your center dash plate is different, the door panels themselves are different.. im sure the door skinds are thje same but will need to add motors and actuators and probably new regulators for the windows...

the TPIM should be the same.. you will have to poke some wires into the connectors. im not sure that the core jeep wiring harness isnt different......

the upgraded cluster is standard on all variants now.. as are fog lights...

was there no power equipped jeeps when you got yours?? on a 2 door its only a $600 option.. but you will surely have over $1000 in parts or more by the time you convert it over...

maybe you can look into talking to daveys jeep and see if he has one that was wiped out that you can use as a donor vehicle for parts...

-Christopher
Yes, I know what all I will have to do. The basic harness is the same for all the jeeps. I started looking at a few jeeps for the difference. I ahve had 2 other JKs so I have a little to go by.

Yes there where a few with the power options on them. I looked at them and tried to buy one from that dealer. It was exactly what I wanted. They tried to sneak 5k in on deal. Next dealer had one the same less the power options, and tinted windows.

I can take and add what I wanted. I can add window tint and run a harness and add stuff. If it takes a year or two that is fine
Old 08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok,

So after some fishing. I got a little more in to it.

For the Dash:
Dash Harness
WCM Keyless and Remote Start
WCM Antenna
Radio Bezel
5 Gang Switch

Body:
Body Harness
Center Console 2 Window Switch
Console window Switch Trim

Then your ready to go to work on the install

I will be adding more as I go.

An for those Wondering

Harnesses for bodies only fit years like this.

07-07
08-09
10-10

Same as dash.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=98jeepboy;1811396]Ok, Bought a 10 sport Unlimited. I am looking at adding Power Windows and Door Locks. I am adding the Rubicon chassis harness too for lockers down the road.

Question 1.
Is it worth it to add the Infinity Amp? I do like the quality of the infinity. An as for the sub, where can i get the hardware to mount it.

I will already have dash out wiring light bar, fuse panel, sirus antenna, and dash harness.

I would stay away from the Infinity amp, spend a little more money and get a marine grade amp and mount under your passenger seat incase you want to get a lock box for the driver side. I did get the keyless start and I love it, I am in TX and the heat here will KILL!!!

Good luck on you project.

-STRTANK-
Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I have a list of parts. I have started picking up parts.

I hope to have some things sold by the end of the week. So i will be ordering alot more parts.

Any one want me to do a full right up?

I do have a question. What is the console wiring?

Quick Reply: Rewire to power Help. Should I go to infinty will im at it?