Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rubicon Anniversary Edition Bumper Fog Lights

Old 01-13-2016, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bilash31
Similar to the poster after you I put 10A bumpers on my sport. I didn't do a write up but did not have to splice any wires to hook up the fogs. I did buy a set of used 10A fogs off eBay because there was no way the sport fogs will fit. I did borrow from a thread I found about unravelling the stock wire loom and rewrapping it to reach the 10A fogs. If you have any questions when doing it feel free to PM me.
What year is your JK? Mine is a 2007, so I'm not sure if they changed the wire harnesses or not. My guess is they did. I have a set of the 10A fogs that I received from FRSH2DF, but they use a different connector since they are the 2504 bulbs and not the H10/9145 like I have. And the bulb housing threads are different, so unfortunately I won't be able to use them.

It looks like I'll have to use the Maximus brackets after all to use my stock fogs with this bumper. Kind of a bummer that the bumper wasn't designed to use the same mounting holes as the stock ones, but not a huge deal. At least with the Maximus brackets, if I decide to use something other than the stock fogs down the road, I'll be able to switch them out easily.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amt97
What year is your JK? Mine is a 2007, so I'm not sure if they changed the wire harnesses or not. My guess is they did. I have a set of the 10A fogs that I received from FRSH2DF, but they use a different connector since they are the 2504 bulbs and not the H10/9145 like I have. And the bulb housing threads are different, so unfortunately I won't be able to use them. It looks like I'll have to use the Maximus brackets after all to use my stock fogs with this bumper. Kind of a bummer that the bumper wasn't designed to use the same mounting holes as the stock ones, but not a huge deal. At least with the Maximus brackets, if I decide to use something other than the stock fogs down the road, I'll be able to switch them out easily.
oh shoot that stinks. Just curious did you check with Maximus if their brackets will work with the sport fogs? I thought they were designed for the jw speaker. I admit I didn't check too diligently about that since i found the used fogs. But yeah they might have changed the harness. Mine is a 14. Good luck
Old 01-13-2016, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bilash31
oh shoot that stinks. Just curious did you check with Maximus if their brackets will work with the sport fogs? I thought they were designed for the jw speaker. I admit I didn't check too diligently about that since i found the used fogs. But yeah they might have changed the harness. Mine is a 14. Good luck
It says on their website that they will work with the stock fogs and includes the screws to attach the lights to the brackets. Since yours is a 2014 I'm guessing they may have extended the wiring harnesses a bit, but who knows. I'll let you know my findings once I finally get a warm day (or a warm garage!) to put on the 10A bumper. Either way, I'm glad I can forego the splicing and use the extensions I bought.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Default Electrical question - Fog Light wiring

OK - So I ran into a snag with the stock fogs and the 10A bumper.

The stock fogs do not fit - they are too deep and do not line up with cut outs for the fog lights.

So I have a set of the 10A lights, however, they use a different connector than my 2007 stock fog lights. They are an H10 connector. The 10A fogs use an H16 PS24W connector. I was able to get an adapter made, but I have a question about the wiring. If the polarity is reversed, will that cause a short? Does it not matter which side the wires are fed into the connector? I know, this sounds like a very stupid question...

The adapter is an H10 male to an H16 female. The new bulbs are a lower wattage than my old ones (24W = new, 42W = old) so this should not pose a problem electrically since it's drawing a lower wattage - that much I'm pretty sure of.

I'd rather not plug it in and blow the bulbs and a fuse. Someone who is more savvy in electrical please chime in! I've attached photos. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	H10-male.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	635338   Click image for larger version

Name:	H16-male.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	635339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Adapter1.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	7.4 KB