Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Should I get Mygig?

Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it! If anything...you could sell it if you don't like it. Would prob get what you paid for it.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the MyGig I am happy that i made sure to get it!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:42 AM
JK Freak

My wife has one in her new Liberty. It is great. The only reason I don't have one in my Rubicon, is the fact that there are no Topographical maps available for it.

Probably going with a Garmin Nuvi 760.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love my MyGig!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I LOVE mine, just need to finish getting the features unlocked. (In motion input, video, bluetooth, backup cam)
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

i got my gig in my rubi, the nav wassent working and got the unit replaced at the dealer, now i would not be without it.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by I Drill
... Can you save off road trails on mygig? download trails? ...
We ordered ours with a MyGIG unit and would do it again. While it doesn’t have “trails” in the maps it does have a lot of the dirt Fire Roads out here in Arizona. Also, you can map trails that aren’t on the map (I haven’t used this feature yet). You can’t currently download maps to it yet - but it would just be a software upgrade to do it.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

I never thought I would use the My Gig system that much and wanted to save the money but got a great deal on one that included the MyGig.

Now I can't imagine not having it. I absolutely love it. I have downloaded over 50 cd's and have pictures downloaded. MyGig is way better than the one in my 2007 Denali.

I say definitely order the MyGig. You won't be disappointed.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Question

I too am on the "Should I get MyGig?" fence. Although I'm months away from pulling the trigger, the obsession has already started.

I've read the MyGig manual (sorry I'm a geek). What I can't determine is how it handles playlists for your loaded MP3s. I currently have a Rockford Omnifi in both of our vehicles and love it. I can load up existing playlists or create and save them on the fly from the unit. I use a \All Media\Artist\Album\song.mp3 directory structure.

From what I could tell about MyGig was that it created Playlists based on folder structure. Is that true? Or can I say, manually pick 3 songs from a Metallica album, along with some Bare Naked Ladies from 2 other album and through in some John Denver for good measure and save that as a playlist (albeit an odd combination)?

The other thing I can do is start from the root (All Media) level and play all of that suffled which will play all the songs loaded on my device randomly. Does MyGig support something like that?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racerx
I love the mygig but of course I don't have anything else to compare it to. I do plan on adding a reverse camera soon when I get the lockpick.

pkess3-

Does that SATV tab work? I don't have that option.
It doesn't work right now but it gives me an 800 Sirius number to call and activate it. I haven't done this yet. The SATV tab appeared after I downloaded and installed an update that was in another thread on this site. You should search for it and download and install the update. It allows you to not have to push the "Accept" button everytime you start the Jeep and also has more legible road labels.

Quick Reply: Should I get Mygig?