Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Show me your switches! Pics please...

Old 01-06-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing you may want to keep in mind while deciding where to mount the switches is how easy it would be to replace the piece you are going to drill a hole in. I always try to choose a location where the plastic piece being drilled is small, cheap to purchase, and easily to replace. If you drill a hole in a portion of the dash that is large, it will be very costly to replace if you decide you want to sell the Jeep or trade it in and need to remove the accessories.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
One thing you may want to keep in mind while deciding where to mount the switches is how easy it would be to replace the piece you are going to drill a hole in. I always try to choose a location where the plastic piece being drilled is small, cheap to purchase, and easily to replace. If you drill a hole in a portion of the dash that is large, it will be very costly to replace if you decide you want to sell the Jeep or trade it in and need to remove the accessories.
Agreed, very good opinion! The sky is the limit when mounting switches in your JK, I chose my location because it was within easy reaching distance and my switches match the interior perfect right there. I have had a few people even ask me if the Wrangler came with those stock Thats a sign that I did a good job. As for the switch behind the dashboard... holy crap that thing was almost impossible to drill, but the finished product worked great!

GREAT THREAD!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obxjeep
Here is my switch setup:

D. Position C power to switch panel is tied into the low beam circuit so that fog lights can only be turned on with low beams and automatically go off with high beams (within state law).
How did you tie in to the low-beam circuit? Location and wire color(s)?

TIA
Old 01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i love these switches. i wish i needed them
Old 01-09-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
i love these switches. i wish i needed them
Go ahead and get some switches and install them. That'll give more of a reason to buy those driving/fog lights and install that winch
Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiteck
How did you tie in to the low-beam circuit? Location and wire color(s)?

TIA
Found the answer to my question after doing some more searching. Low beam is a white wire with blue stripe.

Just finished wiring for oem fogs in my mid-width. I didn't have enough wire to run things like I wanted, but they're hooked up and work with low beams only. I didn't install a switch, but I may later. I'm going to completely re-wire this weekend and will take pics for those watching along at home. I'll start a new thread when i do. (sorry for the temp hi-jack)
Old 01-09-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
This is where I put mine. They are just under the armrest of the center console. There are more pics in my gallery. I could have gotten four switches in there but have no need for that many.

jeepnxj where did you find those? Would they fit in the lower console or is there not enough space behind it?

Found this in another thread I think it's made by cooltech
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get them in several places. I mainly get mine at west marine or boater's world. Any good boating place should have them. not cheap, but I think look best. The switches come seperate from the mounting panels. They wouldn't fit in the lower console unless you use the daystar panel like BodyGuy.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cooltech LLC Switch Plate

Just installed the Cootech LLC Switch Plate. Took about 5 minutes to install.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2989.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	5276  

Quick Reply: Show me your switches! Pics please...