Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Sirius

Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inajeep
I put my other Sirius account on hold and have some credit sitting for when my current one goes up.
that's cool. i was wondering what would happen since i already have sirius in the GC that i'm turning in off lease.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an aftermarket Sirius in my other truck. It does the same thing under bridges, Gas canopies, and trees. If it does not have direct line of sight to the sky (satellite) it cuts out after a buffered 3 second delay.

Reminds me of the good Ole AM days.

I have not sure if there are antennas that can get around this. Seems like a normal "Satellite" problem.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since I've had the Jeep, Sirius has changed some of the stations to different channel #'s, however, channel title hasn't updated on mine. Is the information hardwired in or should it change? The one that I can remember right now is Sirius Disorder, it changed to the light jazz station # (70, I think), the display still shows it as jazz. Anyone else notice this and/or have a fix?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine just shut off this last weekend, now it tells me to call a 1-888 number to reactivate. I bought my Jeep on 23 December 2006.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
Mine just shut off this last weekend, now it tells me to call a 1-888 number to reactivate. I bought my Jeep on 23 December 2006.

Now when you activate you should get a year free. Sirius has no idea when you purchased your JK. They have no idea that you used your free time.

I wonder if this thread should be deleted so that Sirius doesn't find it and we all get to start paying!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PigsEye
Since I've had the Jeep, Sirius has changed some of the stations to different channel #'s, however, channel title hasn't updated on mine. Is the information hardwired in or should it change? The one that I can remember right now is Sirius Disorder, it changed to the light jazz station # (70, I think), the display still shows it as jazz. Anyone else notice this and/or have a fix?
mine updates automatically, but i think there's a channel you can switch to like 186 or something.

sorry i'm not more help. maybe someone can take it from here.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
My dealer tells me that all of their vehicles are coming in with the Sirius already activated.

We are supposed to get one year free. He is telling me not to call to activate it until Sirius cancels the service on the vehicle.

He says that they have had some cars on the lots for 18+ months and they still have the free Sat radio.

He tells me that most customers are getting up to two years before the service is shut off, then they call and get their free 1 year. We have had our new Town And Country for a month now and have not had to activate the Sirius.

What has everyone expierence been so far with this?
Mine went about 13 months and just stopped. I liked it, but probably not enough to get it again. Especially since college football is over.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was on but I called Sirus and got them to activate a free internet account also.

Of course I may be on the radar now and get cut off in a year and 1 day.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my dealer said that mine was turned up when the jeep came in.. he said sometimes they come in activated other times not.. normally they are activated by the dealer at purchase.. mine may have been active because I ordered the Jeep.. nevertheless Ill use it for a year and then sign up for it because i enjoy my Area 33
-Christopher
Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

My dealer told me that they come activated for test drive demos. The day that I bought mine, they called sirius and had it transfered to my name.

Quick Reply: Sirius